Bishmanrock - The Shape

Started by Bishmanrock, September 27, 2022, 03:19:52 AM

Bishmanrock

Bishmanrock - The Shape
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hello, hope you're all well! It's been a while since I've posted a song. This is one off an upcoming album 'The Part of You That Never Comes Back'. I'm classing it as pretty much final, but if anyone has any feedback I've got enough time to go back and tinker.

Been a while since I've done this so hopefully I've posted it right...

Bishmanrock - The Shape

Writing - Bishmanrock, brna92
Vox/lyrics - Bishmanrock
Backing vox - Jessica Blaise Ward, Iain Archibald
Guitar - Raffaele Iovino
Bass - Stryfer
Drums - Winifred Tan
Mixing - Jan Hauschen

Well, I need nothing
So I sit in a shadow of death
And they're all laughing
Hoarding bones, making totem headstones

Take me home

I sit beside you
Yet you talk like I'm miles away
Slipping from my hands
I just wish I could have something to protect

Take me home
Take me home

You tell the grey bird
The vacant word of a desperate last call
The lie now takes shape
Your last move, you don't need to satisfy

Take me home

Take me
Take me
Take me home

recorder
Cubase

Trist

That is some big loud production you got here, excellent . really well recorded track, love the drums on this, real interesting and inventive track, from the song structure to style, some tasty music and vocals throughout, sounds great to me. enjoyed

StephenM

WICKE  good stuff!  totally pro.  cool you got some great musicians making this a highly successful venture...

yeah, I guess if you only come around once in a while and drop off a goodie like this it makes it ok... the other thing that is impressive is how good you made your vocals sound.

Did you do all the recording on this or did you use a studio????  It's very pro

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bishmanrock

Thank you both!

Quote from: StephenM on September 27, 2022, 06:46:01 AMDid you do all the recording on this or did you use a studio????  It's very pro

Multiple studios, of different types, from all over the place!

A lot of what I work with is distanced recording, and I made a bigger effort this project to try and involve a lot of different people from different backgrounds. If I'm not mistaken, Jess and I are the two only English people on the record as a result - Jess recorded her vocals from home as she has a studio set up. I originally did my vocals at a hired booth, however I was unhappy with my delivery and wound up redoing them in my own study after moving house, as I have a backup vocal booth I usually use for demos. It's not an ideal set up I have at the moment, but for this project it was sufficient enough as I was going for that 'band in a room' feel unlike the last few albums which were more polished.

For the other musicians - I hope I'm getting this right, Iain (Australia), Syfer (Serbia), Raffaele (Italy) and Winifred (Singapore) - they all had their own studios, or access to a self-service studio space, to do the recordings, which they then sent over to me. For my last four projects I was managing them pretty much entirely online, so I've got pretty proficient at working with musicians remotely, providing direction, making sure all the different sources play nice when in the mix, etc.

Jan (Slovenia) I've worked with for multiple projects now - I'll never really understood the dark arts of mixing, so I'm glad he's there to make everything sound perfect. I can usually do a rough mix for direction, but beyond that it's all him.

It's been an interesting project, and having all the parts done by real musicians was vital for the feel of this particular album, but I'll probably drop back down to a more VST-orientated route again for my next album.

recorder
Cubase

Ray Brookes

Wow! Very professionally recorded epic track. I've listened to it a few times now and every time I hear something I hadn't heard previously. Fantastic musicianship - the guitar work in particular is stunning and Jan has done a fine job mixing/mastering - everything clear with each instrument in its own space. Great vocal work too BTW.
Ray Brookes

Mike Huntingford

Sh!t this is so friggin good!! Such a 70s rock vibe, I love it - great musicianship throughout! Mixing is mind-blowingly good!

This should be a commercial success!  Is it playing anywhere?

Epic Tune!!

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Bishmanrock

Thanks everyone, appreciate it!

Quote from: Mike Huntingford on September 27, 2022, 08:17:52 PMThis should be a commercial success!  Is it playing anywhere?

Wouldn't even know where to start - marketing is one of my weakest areas and I wouldn't know who to approach. Probably for the better, I'm already writing the next album and it looks like it's going to be completely different, so I'd only alienate any followers again anyway!

recorder
Cubase

Zoltan

The return of The Bishmanrock! Every sons i've heard from this songwriter / performer has been high class and this is no exception. Personality, darkness. Light & shadow. Quirkiness and proge styled structures and melodical ideas. The harmonies. The guitar solos. Everything works!

Great songwriting. Works on so many levels and never once sidesteps from the goal. The mix & production is also immaculate.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ted

What a ride! But where it really takes off is the second guitar solo (3:22), leading into the build-up of Ohh...Ahhh harmonies, building the tension. I'm expecting an explosion – resolution. A big power chord teases the release! Instead of an explosion, it deflates, returning to that slightly bluesy piano phrase that seems to be asking a question that never gets answered. No resolution. You bastards. Love it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Rene Asologuitar

Hi Bishmanrock,
Love the sologuitar, I am sucker for guitars.
I agree with "professional recording"!
Lovely music and vocals.
Love this.
rene