September waltz

Started by alfstone, September 26, 2022, 11:34:03 AM

ODH

Masterful piece, right up my street. Love those guitar sounds.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Mike_S

Quote from: alfstone on September 27, 2022, 01:39:13 PM
Quote from: Mike_S on September 27, 2022, 01:35:33 AMWhat a wonderful original piece. I was surprised when I clicked to comment as I was sure I was listening to some traditional jazz standard I had never heard before. But it's an original composition. Very well played and lovely melody.

Mike

Yes, Mike, someone told me that it recalls somehow "Someday my prince will come". Not on a conscius level but it could be, after all I am merged in this kind of chord progressions since a very long time...  ;)

It wasn't that it reminded of anything in particular Alfredo, in fact not at all. It was just the overall sound/vibe was just like a big comfort blanket of that warm jazzy sound. It was more the feeling was familiar. The melody itself sounds very original. I was brought up listening to my Dads jazz records when I was a kid... he made us listen :) some went way over my head, but other more accessible stuff was just great.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

The drums and bass are a bit spastic – which gives it a peculiar quality, like when you see a live band where the rhythm section is at odds with the rest of the band; with the music itself. You ask yourself, "Don't they even hear what they are doing? Where did they find these guys?" You look around and about half the audience is really into it, and you wonder, "Do I belong here?"

A metaphor for Italian politics?

The guitar and piano hold this together, which is remarkable. When it it ends, on that lovely resolute chord, it's like a happy ending. Music has prevailed.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Blooby

Such a strong melodic sense (so.ething I struggle with often). A great listen, especially on a lazy morning with everybody else asleep. The dog asleep at my feet completes the sense of calm. Nice post.

Blooby

des0free

Pleasant song, nice composition. Nice to hear a style that is outside my normal listening generes!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is a beauty. Some lovely relaxing sounds and has that live feel.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: alfstone on September 26, 2022, 11:34:03 AM
34Originals (banner image missing)

Not exactly a great day for Italy, IMO... :-[  >:(  :(
++++++++++++++
HI Alfredo,
A beautiful jazz composition, and rendition.
I am enjoying this song, fully.
You are an artist, and a very good one!!!
I can listen to this all day.
Thanks for this beauty.
Rene