Paradise Found?

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, September 25, 2022, 09:29:28 AM

Paradise23 - 24_09_2022, 18.12
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all. I was reading an article regarding people that had died for a short while and then returned to a stable condition remembering whee they had been. Most people seemed to think they had travelled down a dark tunnel while trying to reach the light at the other end. Some say they had met loved ones that had been dead for some time and were desperately sorry to have been pulled back to the reality of being
in hospital and suffering discomfort and pain. Anyhow I thought it would make a good topic for a song.

Hope you enjoy. Willie

You thought I was dead when you found me
But I was so deep in my dream
And the people around me were smiling
It's a long time since they were seen

The tunnel behind me was darkened
The garden was bathed in a light
And my old friends they all came to greet me
Long will I remember that night

You gave me your breath just to save me
But I don't know if I want to be saved
My friends from the garden were calling
And behind me only a grave

But the life I had left was still calling
And I just knew I had to go back
And the wonderful dream I was having
Turned from dark grey into black

Instrumental

And you gave me your love just to save me
When the world was bringing me down
But I'll always remember that garden
Was it paradise that I had found

Outro

recorder
Boss BR-800

Zoltan

This reminded me at first a bit something Tom Petty might have done, but then the melodies went into other direction.

Musically this sounded quite familiar and even Gobi typical, but you've managed to make quite a big melodic leap with this one.

The song is melodic and easy to get into, but perhaps it is the lyrics that push the music in new places. I quite like this and think this has a lot of repeat value because of the way it plays.

For some reason the song felt slightly half-finished. The pieces were there, but the ending felt like it came too soon. The arrangement doesn't seem to make most of the strong pieces you have here.

A diamond in the rough i'd say.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

Lovely job Willie... great material for a song and always great to hear those chiming dreamy guitars. deep stuff, great tune.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

I have said it many times, but you have such a sound you have carved out for yourself. Feels done to me (although the fade-out happened a bit quickly).

Nice tune.

Blooby

Pete C

What a great song..love the guitars on this and it's an interesting subject for a song. Really enjoyed this !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike Huntingford

I too got the Petty feeling.  Lyrics truly interesting. Lovely song - really enjoyed.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper