Going High Places (demo snippet)

Started by Zoltan, September 23, 2022, 11:03:18 AM

Zoltan

Going High Places (Snippet)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Another one on the endless run of song idea snippets. This one was a rush job as i'm going on a trip and i'm not going to take the guitar with me. So i'll only be listening to your songs while away!

Going High Places

I was doing all right
I was looking for love
I was going high places
Higher than before

I was looking for a girl
Who looks like you
But i doubt you'd be ready
To move to the moon

CH:
I bought myself a dream
I got a one way ticket to a fantasy
I bought myself some Jim Beam
Beam me up scotty! Let's scream!

And then the playing goes haywire and there's nothing to hear anymore :D Short and not very sweet!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Certainly worth developing this track. Drives along nicely and I like that guitar sound. Lyrics are quirky and I like the play on words (Jim Beam - Beam me up)
Ray Brookes

TPB

Worth the development I hear a screaming harp with this
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Redler

Really good riffs and catchy vocals! Excellent rock song demo!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnbee

Keep going!  Sounded GREAT!!

;) John B.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

StephenM

ya know how when a lady teases a guy and strings him along you know with her charming, the smiles, the touching her hair in certain ways, the looks, the touching gestures, and then just leaves him hanging?  They have a name for that...
so what is the name for this when you come in here with all that big sound messing with my earlobes and into my aural cavities and then just walk away at 1:27?  Really?  That sucks!  But the 1:27 doesn't...

sorry about the analogy but it was the best way I could describe the feeling... good thing there ain't an unfriend button or you might be pushing it just now...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner