Prostate exam on my birthday

Started by Blooby, September 15, 2022, 12:10:01 PM

Mach

When I read this, well, this song came to mind right away.
Not only for it's title, but Steve's surgical-like dictation
of how it's gonna go down...then those ferocious guitars
kick in for an intense ride. A ride down memory lane... :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ELPTsOJA7I
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

my second one I had I was a bit uneasy as I was 50 and there were two very attractive young women in the room assisting.  So I mentioned this and one said to me "don't worry.  We are going to give you two medicines.  One will help you not care.  The other will help you not remember."  Truth be told I don't remember much other than that and from a hazy distance the doc says, looks good should be fine for another 10 years....

great story... so we had a running joke in the Navy... when you reach 35 if you are in the service you get the "finger exam" or at least back then you did.... they do prostate stuff much different now.  So I go in there and this doc was an old guy, probably a reservist, about 6 foot 5 inches and a big man with big fingers.... So a bit later I says doc, why did you have both hands on my shoulders... he was a military guy and laughed heartily... probably heard its equivalent at least 10 times...
BOHICA  (bend over here it comes again)

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Johnbee

Bad enough when they go up the back.  Even worse when they go up the FRONT (cystoscopy).  I had one of those a few months ago.

;) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Jean Pierre

QuoteThe finger was removed with such rapidity, I can only liken the sound to uncorking a quality scotch.

thank goodness it didn't sound like a champagne cork...

QuoteI was mortified to find I was checked by very good looking lady doctor

I may be called sexist, but it's more appropriate for a man to do this kind of examination (which is very useful, by the way).
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

chapperz66

At the risk of sounding a bit evangelical, take it from me, the unpleasantness is so worth it.  I got the diagnosis of locally advanced prostate cancer about 4 years ago.  I had no symptoms and only went for the test because my brother  - who did have the symptoms- got the same diagnosis.  Although more advanced.  I'm still here but my brother is not. Caught early enough it's survivable.

Get the test.

Paul.

Apologies for the preaching.

hooper

Couldn't find the exact song I was looking for but it came from an amazing piece of work created by a former Songcrafter who at the time went by the name of Bosco Schwartz (and The Stan Laurels). The collection of songs was based on the theme of alien abduction, and thereby relates to this conversation... ;) Old Songcrafters, you know the song I'm talking about... ::)

Anyone looking for a worthy distraction next time while on the way to 'the digital exam that's got nothing to do with a computer' may find this helpful...
Samaanya by the Stan Laurels

Hope you had a good birthday Blooby and will enjoy many more!

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

T.C. Elliott

I have a long story about how I've never had the finger that started fifteen years ago when my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Yeah, doesn't make sense, really. But I've had the camera (and get it every five years instead of ten) and I have a physical each year with a fasting blood test. When the lovely doctor told me my choices I told her she was the expert and I'll do whatever she says I should do. So that's what I do.  Unfortunately, I don't have any songs that are funny or relatable. Perhaps that should be a festival suggestion?

All that being said, get checked out and do what your doctor says you should. Cancer ain't no joke.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London