Still Waters

Started by Ron D Bowes, September 13, 2022, 09:15:17 AM

Ron D Bowes

Still Waters Master
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Something softer for you. Another project I am involved with. This is a cllaboration with Carol Sue. A singer I had long admired for a long time and was plucking up the courage to ask her to work with me, when she contacted me asking to collaborate. This is from a (postponed) proposed 2nd album and the track called "Still Waters".   Carol Sue : Lyrics, lead vocals and backing vocals. Me: All guitars, bass and backing vocals.

TPB

Ok after the intro I had to pee lol
Ok I am back for a listen and yes I can see why you want collab with Carol Sue the reverb on the guitar is perfect and the vocals are smoking this is such a great production it went straight the player list
Bravo to both of you
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Zoltan

The vocal performance here reminded me of you! It's almost like you'd gone a bit soft and done this with a broomstick for hair. The vocal style has the similar kind of "push" that yours do.

The vocals sound great and the backing vocals are really cleverly done. The harder hitting vocals and the closer sung "softer" parts. Carol Sue clearly has a lot of power in her voice.

The playing performances are strong. The production is nice, but to my ears a bit too compressed sounding. It works for the "spanky" sounding clean guitars, but probably takes away some of the depth from the mix overall.

Songwriting works and the song carries nicely until the end. Smoking stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Always loved Carol-Sue's voice and this is a great song, Ron. The arrangement of the music and those subtle backing vocals is first class. I think this is one of those songs that every time you hear it you hear something you didn't hear before. You don't do many of these mellow songs but when you do they always deliver. Love it.
Ray Brookes

Rene Asologuitar

Hi Ron,
You and Carol are true rockers.
The vocals is oozing with hippieness and emotions.
As usual, the guitars adds a lot to the coolness of this composition.
Rene

Mike_S

Great song. I love the mellower edge but there is still a load of punch in this song. Well yes Carol Sue has a fabulous voice... perfect for rock. Very well written tune... I like it very much!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

I heard this before reading up the comms... I was thinking how you had found a Zep ish style to sing in...as the song went on it became apparent those vocals weren't you...
this song reminds me of Zep (sort of )....
I really love this (and the vocals a little like the Pretenders)... very interesting style here...
lots to really occupy my aural inputs from this song... it's busy but mellow... I like that.

there are numerous comps I could make but why?  It's all you and Carol Sue... heart felt lyrics as well..  I feel lucky to hear this Ron...

love the guitar sounds on this as well.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

A cool collaboration with Carol Sue, Ron! Her vocal style reminds me a bit of Chrissy Hynde, which I like. The mellow, crystal-clear guitar riffs sound great. Carol's doubled and layered vocals work well. A fine collab!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

chapperz66

AS Tim said -the intro gives the prostate a bit to think about!  ;)

Great song and very well produced.  I like this - a lot.

Paul