Mississippi Girl

Started by Ron D Bowes, September 06, 2022, 06:07:36 PM

Ron D Bowes

12_Mississippi Girl
Time:
0:00
Volume:
As people may have gathered I am fairly prolific. here is another project I am involved in called Hart & Bowes. Rocker (Gary) Hart is a heavy rock guitarist from Canada and we teamed up for 2 albums (thus far) as Hart & Bowes. Rocker writes 80% of the tunes and I do most of the bass and all of the vocals and lyrics. On album two and beyond we sometimes have guest artists, but on this debut album it's just us. The album is called "Blackwater Whiskey"

Ray Brookes

Love this, Ron. Great guitar work and brill vocals. Masterful production too with such a cool warm sound. Love that break at 2:29 that creates that nice light and shade feel. Great stuff.
Ray Brookes

BerryPatch

Oh HELL YEAH! This is the first time I've heard one of your songs (a very late welcome to Songcrafters!) but man... this is stellar stuff! Your vocals are totally awesome and that guitar riff is a monster! Great production too, the bass in particular is mixed so well, very tasty playing on your part as well. You guys rock!

StephenM

man alive this is asbolutely bass kiking great!!!  Here it is 1:00am and me being an old man figured it was time for bed...until I clicked play... now I feel I am a concert and Ted Nugent and AC/DC decided to do a song together for an encore.... at least there is a mellow section in here to let me calm down for a second...

that bass is killin it... and man, it's all good.... all good....all good....all good....its all damn good

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

One killer track and something to very proud of
V/R tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Mike_S

Holy shit... I thought Jake E Lee had signed up for songcrafters! :) Damn this rocks like a bastard. Super stuff, great performances on everything, love the tone dialled in to the guitar for that main riff... yeah very Jake E Lee / Badlands tone which is damn fine.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Trist

What you two do with Hart & Bowes puts a lot of big bands to shame, you rock and the production is top class

Zoltan

80's and back to the eighties. That's what this song is all about. Ron sounds so playful with the vocals that its hard not to get drawn into this. Then there's this guy who may have mullet and no teeth (Sorry wrong song. I was thinking of Hank III song Crazed Country Rebel :)) playing the guitar like... as Mike S said Jake E.Lee.

Some of the vocal stylings reminded me of the Cult. And i do mean the band. The bridge section, or middle 8 whatever it's called was tasty. It added some much needed light & shade into the song. This is certainly among your very best. I might have showing bias here as i'm fan of 80's stuff.

Keep on rocking!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

Oh yeah I like this one. It's a great rocker H&B! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: Ron D Bowes on September 06, 2022, 06:07:36 PMAs people may have gathered I am fairly prolific. here is another project I am involved in called Hart & Bowes. Rocker (Gary) Hart is a heavy rock guitarist from Canada and we teamed up for 2 albums (thus far) as Hart & Bowes.
Very nice recording.
Your vocals is exquisite, and I really dig the guitar tracks, and the solo.
Rock on - Hart & Bowes - you guys rock!!!
This is a professionally produced recording.
I love it!
Rene