Fulltone closing shop

Started by bruno, August 30, 2022, 07:44:30 AM

bruno

A lot of noise on the net at the moment on Fulltone's announcement.
Is it a big deal? I've got one Fulltone pedal, and its okay - but I've fallen out of love with it a bit.
Its a bit of a crowded market, and players need to innovate to survive. How many chorus pedals do you actually need anyway?
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

I think it's a big deal because he was one of the first boutique makers, advertising out of the back of Vintage Guitar mag and word of mouth. Love his stuff. A Fulldrive 3 was on my main live board for years, have a Plimsoul, Octafuzz, OCD, '69, and would love to add a Mas Malo fuzz before prices shoot up. I know he could be a polarizing figure, but I wish him well in retirement.

Blooby

Zoltan

Quote from: Blooby on August 30, 2022, 08:50:39 AMA Fulldrive 3 was on my main live board for years, have a Plimsoul, Octafuzz, OCD, '69, and would love to add a Mas Malo fuzz before prices shoot up

Blooby has the right idea with pedals. I've yet to sample Fulltone pedals. I've got close, but for whatever reasons the only one i've tried was an OCD clone. The person who sold it to me said it was fairly close to the original. And i didn't like that pedal a one bit :D

I've almost bought Mas Malo and Plimsoul. Octafuzz was being offered to me a while back, but i think i have enough "octa" stuff already (The Fuzzly Bear does it to some extent and the Bitoun Fuzz REALLY goes to town with all kinds of weird ring-mod type of goodness).

So far JHS Pedals and Zvex has given me the most bang for the buck (+ of course DOD Carcosa).

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper