Tommy Emmanuel

Started by Migs, June 18, 2009, 01:10:17 AM

Migs

Tonight in Sydney.  Hope he has tuned his guitar because someone may have a BR and condenser mic in their pocket.

Oh, going again tomorrow night.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Kody

My TV has RCA out L&R jacks that work pretty good for recording directly to the MBR(with the right adapters of course).....I bet your TV's the same~ It would probably sound a little better than a condenser....And I bet if Tommy Emmanuel's guitar was out of tune, he'd still make it sound good!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Migs

no no no

seeing him live so going to sneak the MBR in and accidentally turn it on

Bro

Quote from: Migs on June 18, 2009, 01:34:01 AMno no no

seeing him live so going to sneak the MBR in and accidentally turn it on
Man! I wish i had thought of that when i saw Clapton last year!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Kody

MAn, I keep putting past threads with brand new ones!! Sorry Migs!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Migs

OK.  I got some recording done.  Had a few issues in that I couldnt' fiddle with the sensitivity of my mic without being seen and getting kicked out.  The other problem was accidentally hitting the record button when the BR was in my pocket so I missed a bit before noticing.

I will accintally post some stuff here but need a new .dll file to get audacity to convert a .wav file to .mp3.  I will be so happy when I get my intarwebs working at home again.

SharksDontSleep

hey Migs;
If you haven't got this already, here's a link to Sourceforge to install Lame into Audacity
http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/Lame_v3.98.2_for_Audacity_on_Windows.exe
It'll allow you to encode to MP3

Have fun.

Migs

Quote from: g1ngerjack on June 21, 2009, 11:42:37 PMIt'll allow you to encode to MP3

Thanks mate.  I have the link but having other IT issues.  That site is blocked at work for some reason (they don't like us downloading stuff).  The only Lame_enc.dll I could download to transfer to my laptop is the old version which doesn't work on the new audacity.

I hate when work gets in the way of things like this.  I'll work it out sooner or later.

I also forgot my password for this site when I went to a public PC to upload some stuff.  I am not very bright at times yaknow.