"Bollywood Funk" created using my iPad LOL

Started by Mike Huntingford, August 05, 2022, 08:20:40 PM

Mike Huntingford

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hope you enjoy this little number created using my iPad.

Mike

https://www.reverbnation.com/mikehuntingford/song/21785930-ipad-bollywood-funk
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

That sounds fantastic. Love the sitar sound and the overall beat and melody. Can hear this used in a tv programme or film.
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Zoltan

You can give Mike a rock, and he'll make Rock. Oh, that didn't come out right, but you'll catch my plane :)

I've read the song title several times and i always saw it as HOLLYWOOD FUNK.

I'm not sure if this is as Bollywood as it's meant to, but it sure is interesting melting pot of sounds and vibes. There's some danceability to it ,and some "off the cuff" -moments. I like funk guitars and i like that "flute" -type of rhythmic element, but after a while the groove started to get on my nerves. I would have been ok with this IF Mike had suddenly thrown some MC type of announcements, added some eletric boogaloo, or Indian women started singing / chanting in a wordless manner. It's around the two minutes mark where i felt it started to lose some of its steam.

I'm going to be a downer here. As much as i like this. Throw that Ipad in the garbage. Or even better... Send it to me (i have no songwriting class to lose :)). I can appreciate the different ways of working, and having fun in different settings. I've tried it several times with several different gadgets. I guess you're also using (thinking of using) the Ipad as a sound source for the keyboards, but when compared to your other compositions this sounds more like a "loops & stuff" -type of affair (which it probably is. I get it :)), and although everything is done with skill (you can't hide your roots) it's still way off from your other compositions.  This is the type of thing some "Zoltan" might be able to do on his/her better days... BUT for Mighty Mike it's just a fun diversion under the sun.

Still i like it, but i must be the curmudgeon. Otherwise we might not hear the follow up to that wondrous Love Boat thing, and that would be a shame.

Edit: I can also imagine this being used as tv music / for a small budget film. It certainly has all those traits. But don't be a work for hire :D Be like the Italian composers of the 70's. Big dreams,  big paychecks. Mustache optional.

(Sorry that i'm forcing ideas down on you! :)).

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Rene Asologuitar

Wow, what a nice beat.
I love the sounds you created on iPad.
I love the beat as well.
This is a truly lovable tune, well done Mike!!!
Thanks for sharing this beauty.
I am enjoying this a lot.
Rene