"Perils May Await" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, August 04, 2022, 10:44:44 PM

Ray Brookes

Great song and so well structured/arranged. Excellent 'Yes' style vocals and wonderful guitar work.
Ray Brookes

Ron D Bowes

As already mentioned, I can hear a Jon Anderson (YES) vibe in the vocals. Catchy chorus - I do like acatchy chorus. Cool track!

Blooby

When I first sent it to John (or perhaps another buddy for feedback), I said I started at point X and ended up with The Buggles, which was my reference to Drama-era Yes. Funny.

Swapped out the original with a new mix and edit. Shortened the solo, and John altered lyrics and vocals.

Thanks for listening.

Blooby

Ted

From the first line, I too was hearing a Jon Anderson melodic style.

Another 70's prog characteristic is the lyrics – the (sometimes ridiculous) attempts to sound wise and profound. In this case, I think you succeeded with simplicity.

This line struck me:

Quote from: Lurker on August 07, 2022, 11:11:31 AMPeople will come and go
A few will remain
Some will share your burden
Others are added weight

I like how "Others are added weight" is stated somewhat flatly without judgement.

I'm reminded of something I read recently about the U2 song "One."

Bono said:

Quote from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_(U2_song)We get to carry each other.' It's a reminder that we have no choice. I'm still disappointed when people hear the chorus line as 'got to' rather than 'we get to carry each other.' Like it or not, the only way out of here is if I give you a leg up the wall and you pull me after you. There's something very unromantic about that.

The "added weight" is just a fact of life.

And this:

Quote from: Lurker on August 07, 2022, 11:11:31 AMEven a brief interaction
Can leave an impression deep

That's why I refuse hate the film Titanic – a brief encounter can change the trajectory of a person's life.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Pru

SE

Defo Jon Anderson vibe going on but that guitar  is just too magic.
This is just a cool song, big respect on the production way too cool!!
recorder
Boss BR-80