Started by Mike Huntingford, July 15, 2022, 12:48:42 PM

Mike Huntingford

A Dog's Life_1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Newest for your enjoyment.

Mike

Find Higher resolution version here:  https://www.reverbnation.com/mikehuntingford/song/33425745-a-dogs-life
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Zoltan

Mr. Class returns with yet another smooth track that has cinematic qualities, yet works on its own as a fantastic pop composition.

I doubt you're familiar with Cipriani, Ortolani and others, but this reminds me of some of their work. A bit more modern, but still rooted in the "good old times".

The sounds used are warm and inviting. You really do have a great ear on sound design. It's not only the choice of notes, harmony and careful arrangement that makes it all work. It's the whole enchilada. I would hazard a guess that with ingredients like this mixing is a piece of cake...

There's a touch of hopeless romantic in your work. This one is wistful and dreamy.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: Zoltan on July 15, 2022, 04:01:54 PMMr. Class returns with yet another smooth track that has cinematic qualities, yet works on its own as a fantastic pop composition.

I doubt you're familiar with Cipriani, Ortolani and others, but this reminds me of some of their work. A bit more modern, but still rooted in the "good old times".

The sounds used are warm and inviting. You really do have a great ear on sound design. It's not only the choice of notes, harmony and careful arrangement that makes it all work. It's the whole enchilada. I would hazard a guess that with ingredients like this mixing is a piece of cake...

There's a touch of hopeless romantic in your work. This one is wistful and dreamy.

Thank you so very much. I do try to make sure instrument choice compliments and doesn't conflict.

Regards,

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Rene Asologuitar

Hi Mike,
Very crispy and clear recording.
Female voice is simply heavenly, and angelic.
Fully agree with Zoltan, very classy musical score.
I am truly enjoying this music.
Rene

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: Rene Asologuitar on July 16, 2022, 05:23:25 PMHi Mike,
Very crispy and clear recording.
Female voice is simply heavenly, and angelic.
Fully agree with Zoltan, very classy musical score.
I am truly enjoying this music.
Rene

You've made my day! The fact that you're enjoying my music simply makes my day.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

StephenM

The angelic otherwordly high key sound is a bit different than this artist typically uses... it adds mystery and intrigue.  I can almost see my lady beckoning me just beyond the mist....
Sultry, almost (or perhaps is) seductive even...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

A beautiful track, Mike. Very tastefully written and produced. Love that angelic other-worldly female voice and that lovely flute makes this a great soundscape.
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

This is very nicely done Mike. Yesterday we took our 3 grandchildren to see The Little Mermaid play. It was adapted to a small stage performance and very professionally done. The young lady that played the part of Ariel had a very angelic voice which reminds me of the vocal you chose. Again, very well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: StephenM on July 17, 2022, 07:16:17 AMThe angelic otherwordly high key sound is a bit different than this artist typically uses... it adds mystery and intrigue.  I can almost see my lady beckoning me just beyond the mist....
Sultry, almost (or perhaps is) seductive even...

exactly....

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper