Newbi...posting 2 original songs done on the ol faithful BR-8 ("Wash Me Clean")

Started by Beezer, June 17, 2009, 05:53:33 PM

Beezer

Wash Me Clean_mp3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Newbi...Hello all....posting 2 original songs done by myself and my partner in crime Tom.... Both done totally on the ol faithful BR-8...questions, comments welcome.

"Wash Me Clean"

64Guitars

Welcome to the group, Beezer. It's good to see someone posting in the BR-8 section. Maybe your posts will encourage other BR-8 users to join and post their songs too.

You forgot to include the titles of your songs. I recognized them from the Yahoo BossBR group, so I took the liberty of adding the titles. I hope you don't mind.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SteveB

BZR - I purposely don't listen to more than one song of a Poster on the Forum at any one time (A personal quirk), and so I didn't listen to this at the same time as your other song. Good Lord (no pun intended), this is even better than the first song (What's She Thinking Of?). I don't know how far advanced you are with a repertoire of original songs, but on these two offerings, I would genuinely seek out professional advice as to how to market a CDs-worth of material. There is talent here by the bucketful.

A personal quibble - I thought the lead guitar was too far back in the mix, but please ask others' opinions. And please post more when available.  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

The Reverend 48

Incredible Vox Great Song! and lyrics...Well Done
I disagree with SteveB it sounded just right on my monitors
This is a keeper!

SteveB

BZR - I'm finally back on my own computer, which has decent speakers and also the capability of attaching decent headphones. Up to a point I agree with 48, the lead isn't that bad on good equipment, but to me it just seems a little 'distanced' in the mix. However, forget that in the overall scheme of things. That is one heck of a vocal! I don't know how old you are, but I'll bet my bottom dollar that you haven't gone through life without someone commenting on your singing ability? It's quite a forceful pacakage.
And by the way, I've just started a BR-Community MP3 Folder on my computer, and this is the first song I've downloaded into that folder.  :)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Goodness!

This is stunning!

Peace and Welcome!

T(Osckilo)

You Seem to be a Pro!!!!! Another Ringer in our Midst!!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Beezer

SteveB,
Thank you so much for the kind words.
My name is Tom...I am Beezers Partner in crime for these posts. Beezer and I have been playing and singing for years and although I Do most of the writing and main vocals Beezer does some harmoneys and helps produce these songs and maybe add a few lyrics.
We use the ol fav BR-8 but Beezer does own a BR-600 but we just have not really busted it out just yet....as we finnaly learned how to use the BR-8 with fairly decent results.

By the way, any suggestios on how to market music? i can write and sing it but dont have the first clue about selling it

Tom

guitarron

this is beautiful
nice tone very solid vocals-
this song grooves well-
well done

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveB

Quote from: Beezer on July 17, 2009, 07:48:08 PMMy name is Tom...I am Beezers Partner in crime for these posts.

By the way, any suggestios on how to market music? i can write and sing it but dont have the first clue about selling it
Tom

BZR & TOM - Glad you've replied, I was beginning to think you didn't exist!  ;D

Unfortunately, Marketing Music isn't a Life-Skill I've picked up on my travels.  :'(

However, some of the 'Big Boys' on this Forum probably do know something about getting music to the masses. Let's hope they can be persuaded to listen to and provide comment and direction on these songs.

Some practical information would be a help to anyone interested in forwarding advice.
For instance, one of your songs is overtly religious, one secular. If your repertoire consisted of say, 10 songs, and 9 of them had a strong religious message, then it would be fairly pointless aiming at the Teen-Chart market, (very anti-salvation!). Conversely, if 9 of your songs are about Booze & Broads, then the Bible Belt is not going to be digging deep in their pockets to purchase your output.

I've already said that surely someone has already commented about the singing etc. If this is so, have you performed 'live'? Church Halls, Colleges etc? If not, could you put together a short-set of your songs to perform in front of people? Are you only ever going to be a 'Studio' Artist with no intention of performing? 

These are the sorts of areas that are helpful for people to know when considering how to address the topic of Marketing your songs.
I'm travelling shortly (All day), and so will have a think and reply again later. In the meantime, if you have anymore songs to showcase, why not upload them here and help the Forum Posters get a better feel for your wonderful music.

STB
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR