A Thinking Man - a chapperz original

Started by chapperz66, July 04, 2022, 06:11:02 AM

chapperz66

04 - Paul Chapman - A Thinking Man
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A friend of mine sent me a midi file of a keyboard line in 7/8 and said do what you want with it or to it. I added a load of stuff to it and this is the result.  I like a bit of 7/8.

orchestral parts are from an obscene number of Spitfire sample libraries and the choirs and soprano was from omnisphere.  The piano line is based on the original midi file.

Paul

Ron D Bowes

Very engaging piece. Lots of different textures used in the the music. An enjoyable listen. I like the voices.

thetworegs

a ride into the thinking mind....brace yourself there may be some twists and turns....but they are all throughly enjoyable...refreshing bright and airy with a slight mystical feel...excellent

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Redler

Orchestral sweetness! Very creative composition and those choirs are icing on the cake! Well done Paul.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

What a cool musical journey Paul and friend! The 7/8 timing took a bar or so to get my mind on board but once that happened it was pure joy. Nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

Those strings sound epic.
Drums sound amazing too.
So much going on,my head would hurt putting this together,I have the attention span of a fly.
I love the change around the 2 min mark, and those horns.
So much to take in,wow theres even an operatic singer.
You would give mike outfield a run for his money.
Epic.

StephenM

Feels like movie scene music....
It winds nicely around mostly lovely scenarios..
A little, just a little proggish... sounds like Yes used it when coming onto the stage!
Lovely stuff Paul

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

I circulated around this one for a while incase it would be too much for me. I don't want to be forced to think in this hot weather :)

Luckily this was such a joyous piece of music that it made the day more bearable. Airy synth sounds, big harmonies and orchestral sounds + clever composition make this a winner in my book.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: chapperz66 on July 04, 2022, 06:11:02 AMA friend of mine sent me a midi file of a keyboard line in 7/8 and said do what you want with it or to it. I added a load of stuff to it and this is the result.  I like a bit of 7/8.
Hi Paul,
Very dramatic, and love the melody.
I love the orchestra sound, and the joyous vibe is so nice.
You did a wonderful job in this creation.
I am enjoying this music tremendously.
Rene

Mike_S

Paul this really is superb. It also gave me a little bit of a Yes or ABWH vibe. But just so much going on in here. Really uplifting. Downloading for future listens. Thanks for posting.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand