I didn't need an another guitar

Started by Zoltan, June 29, 2022, 03:21:14 AM

Zoltan

After getting that vintage '77 Fender Mustang i SO much agreed with Stephens "Lost In the box" song and write up.

I have too many guitars and i already have those great ones i really enjoy playing.

I' m currently out in the boondocks. There's a small town near by and i noticed that there's a small flea market. What happens is i noticed a Squier Classic Vibe on the corner, and i just wanted to touch it :) See how it feels. It felt great. I didn't buy it. I went back to the car while wife was doing shopping.

I was patting myself on the back for resisting.
Long story short... Wife came back and said "if you want it...". I went back and...

IMG_20220627_211904-01.jpeg

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

In my experience the long suffering partners are surprisingly good natured about our gear acquisition syndrome. And lets face it they have every reason not to be.

So let me see, it's...

• Expensive (usually)
  • Unnecessary (usually)
  • Takes up a lot of precious house space
  • Loud!
  • Feeds an OCD
  • Anti-social quite often (hours locked away practicing)

And yet... and yet...

for some reason, they seem to understand the need, the longing, and we often get away with purchase after purchase. On top of that they surprise us with suggestions and comments like Zoltans above. I too have been floored by a "oh, why don't you get one of those..." comments by the good lady.

Damn they deserve more credit  ;D

Mike

PS... lovely new family member Zoltan, would have been rude to leave that one behind!!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

I fully agree do not know how many times the wife has heard honey this is the last guitar I am going to get and then wham just one more which my wife indulges me
Got to love them
tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

chapperz66

I knew exactly which way this was going as soon as I read the thread title!

Enjoy.

Farrell Jackson

That is a real Black Beauty Zoltan! I don't have any Squire Classic Vibe guitars but I've read reviews saying they are quality guitars. I'm partial to the Tele body style so I'm jealous and congratulations! As the saying goes, question: "Dear how many guitars do you need?" Answer: "Just one more"  ;D
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

Lovely guitar.
I too suffer from this affliction.
Its took me 19 guitars later to finally comme to terms with my problem.
My problem is ,I need a bigger wall.

Pete C

That's a beauty Zoltan - all black with a maple fretboard is my favourite look for Fenders and Squiers. The Classic Vibes always get a good review. Nice purchase !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Jean Pierre

I understand very well this compulsion close to the OCD...I have myself about fifteen guitars and...only one woman who is fortunately compatible and very complaisant although she does not make music
I think I am very lucky
I don't have much room left in my little home studio but still have a wish list that includes

- an acoustic gypsy jazz guitar
- a baroque lute
- an Indian sitar
- a good 5 string banjo
- (...)  ;)

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

T.C. Elliott

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

StephenM

hahaha.... yes, my wife is very tolerant of my musical needs (er wants)...

I suppose you could always flip the git r....

I am already informing the fam of my intentions to get an acoustic drum kit...but it might be a bit as a new roof on the house is a must and at close to 14K I am tapped out for a good bit...but the good news is at least I will have a nice way to keep the family and all the equipment dry...
I can see why you wanted this Z and you got it cheap I bet..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner