Anyone still remember me? ;-)

Started by Johnny Robbo, June 26, 2022, 01:17:19 AM

Johnny Robbo

Sweet Rock & Roll
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hello chaps,

It's been a while, hasn't it? As you may know, things have been a bit hectic for me in recent years. After 10 years of putting the occasional YouTube video up, in 2018 my channel suddenly took off and I started making an income from it. That lead to people contacting me asking if I could offer tuition via video call. Then, people began asking if I could film lessons that they could buy and watch again and again. Hence my entry into the world of making & writing courses for online platforms like Udemy & Ultimate Guitar.

These days my days are filled with teaching students via Zoom; scripting, filming & editing videos; writing & recording pieces of music for those videos, as well as tabbing everything out. Usually a 7am start & 8 or 9pm finish, seven days a week. Hence I haven't had any spare time at all for "recreational" music making of a Songcrafters nature.

Anyway... Kenny Mac recently got in touch with me. He'd been impressed with apiece of music I'd put together for a YouTube video where I was reviewing a Gibson Les Paul Special. You can check out the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvY3aJBzqM

Kenny asked me for the track and he performed surgery on it to come up with a song called Sweet Rock & Roll. I was blown away with how he made it sound like it was meant to be this way in the first place. I added a solo at the end using my Scott Guitars JR Signature model going into a Marshall DSL1 combo with a Behringer HB01 wah pedal.

Anyway, chaps. It's nice to be back. I'll try not to leave it so long next time.

Cheers,

John
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Zoltan

Yes, even as noobs know of you! There's been constant whispers about the "one that got away", "made it big" and gulp "got all the chops".

Great to hear Kenny managed to lure you back! I can already hear the voices chanting "gabba gabba hey... one of us". Soon you'll be starting your days at 6am to be able to songcraft some :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Zoltan

Also, Kenny can do no wrong! Those vocals!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Rene Asologuitar

Hi Johnny,
Lovely vocals!!!
Guitar is really good!!!
The mix is laid out perfectly.
Love the beat of this song.
Rene

StephenM

you were pretty much gone by the time I came along here 2 years ago but I have heard plenty of your playing and dandy it is...
btw congratulations (I guess) on becoming a sought after guitarist....that is indeed special... I've seen enough of your video's to know you are good at what you do and after watching one of your live casts a while back I decided it was ok to buy a HB guitar (which I do love btw)

this song is killer...it's just a bit better...KM and you always sound great together... way to go..
btw, would love one of your handmade JR sig model guitars... gotta save up the dough... they are a great buy though I would say!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

cuthbert

Welcome back, John - glad to see you around again.

Stunner of a track - you and Kenny always make some great music.

Well done, gents!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Pete C

Great to see you back on SC John ! Kenny's done a great job of turning a cracking backer into an awesome classic rock song. Loving the tone you're getting from the Marshall..I think that's been a good buy.

As a regular watcher of your YouTube channel I'd like to say thanks for the Friday Beer o' Clock livestreams..it was a God-send during the lockdown and glad you've kept it going. I've only missed a couple in over 2 years and it's definitely increased my weekly beer consumption  ;D

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ron D Bowes

I don't know you from this site (I am new here), but I have seen a couple of your guitar comparison videos on YT. Great sound to this track. Cool vox, great axe playing, and top notch production. Much enjoyed. ;-)

danthecoat

A real life celeb is here. Great song Kenny and this is a great collaboration. This couldn't really fail though with two such huge talents in the mix.

Nice one guys. Nice to see you back home for a while John you are sounding great and looking good and "I do hope you're well"

(See what i did there ;)

8)

thetworegs

Welcome back Johnny and what a belter to come back with Kenny has certainly done a hell of a job on the vocal and your not slouching on the guitar either a grand job from both of you 👏

If Life is a dream then use your imagination