Vote for the Q3 (Jul/Aug/Sep) 2022 "Covers" festival

Started by 64Guitars, June 24, 2022, 01:15:30 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals. We've decided to go with quarterly festivals from now on so that everyone will have more time to complete their songs. So the next festivals will run from July 1st to September 30th, 2022. Voting starts now and runs for 6 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on Thursday, June 30th (UTC). To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Covers" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Originals" festival. Please vote in both polls.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• 21st Century Songs - Covers of songs released from 2000-2022.
  • Number 2 Fest - Covers of songs that should have been #1 in the charts but only got to #2.
  • HendrixFest - Covers of songs by Jimi Hendrix.
  • 1977 Fest - Covers of songs released in 1977.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

dasilvasings

"Number 2 Fest - Covers of songs that should have been #1 in the charts but only got to #2."

Now this seems a tad hermetic. Any examples/ criteria to follow? Is there a list of #2 charts?
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Here's a UK list of "every single song to peak at Number 2 on the Official Singles Chart - from the first (Guy Mitchell's Feet Up in 1952 if you wondered) all the way to Sam Ryder's recent Eurovision mega-hit SPACE MAN in 2022".

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/pop-injustice-70-years-of-iconic-number-2s-every-song-to-peak-at-number-2-in-the-uk__24082/

And here's one from the USA, although it seems to be a work in progress, so it's incomplete.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/alltimesingles/billboard-hot-100-songs-that-peaked-at-2/

There may be similar lists for other countries.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

dasilvasings

That is quite an eclectic list... I'm in! Perhaps our covers get viral and the artists have a come back - Kate Bush kind of thing  ;D
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

Great choices! I was leaning towards the 1977 fest, but then i rememberd that there were some people waiting for the Hendrix fest. And i've heard worse covers (i have a crystal ball so i already know what kind of stuff is coming if the fest happens) from commercial recordings. Perhaps the good old Jimi could take some beating. At least to get the cobwebs out of his jacket!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

dasilvasings

Godverdoeme!

1977 was such a good year! I don't know where to start!!!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

This fest feels like a race against time to get one of the obvious ones done before anyone else!  ;D
recorder
iPad GarageBand