Lost In The Box (adult content?)

Started by StephenM, June 24, 2022, 12:25:36 PM

StephenM

Lost In The Box
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've gotten lost in the BR1600 again...now I have figured out how to edit patches so I have become like Tommy Chong and just getting my black Jay Turser rescue strat and a pipe wrench and going for smoke, as in up in smoke (or their next movie)...
I have been reading other SC posts and realize I am not the only one who gets lost in the box.... so this song is for all of us... and hey...it could be about any kind of addiction to TV or social media or whatever....
I don't think I need to buy anything more... I have so many gadgets now I can't possibly explore them all...in the time I have left... but I do have a 250 gift certificate to guitar center....
Jay Turser strat through the BR1600 where I edited patch 004Fat Crunch Amb to get this "industrial" sound.  The bass and drums are all BR stuff... two vocal tracks... all recorded and mixed on the Zoom L-20... I did some track repairs on Audacity and mastered with Landr. 
I'm lost in the box.  Someone help me please.  The pedals, the gadgets bringing me to my knees.  I've blown all my dough.  I can't afford any drugs.  My addiction to electronics is controlling my head.  Sometimes I wonder if I might shave off some fuzz.  Or maybe the delay is taking me under.  Everywhere I go I can't shake the echo.  It's like I am living in a different dimension.  With each shimmering return my grin starts to widen. 
Oh, who am I kidding?  Where can I hide?  You've gotten crazy when you're playing outside.  I'm searching for something, not sure of what.  It's that next spaceship sound will take me into heaven.  It might be a blessing or it might be a curse.  These dang ears of mine are starting to burst.  I'm lost in the box.  Someone help me please.  By the sounds of your posts i see you have the disease. 

I have decided that I do better with coffee than beer... coffee is more on my adrenaline vibe while beer turns me into the anti steve
also we are going away for the summer so I won't be recording much although I am bringing my Zoom R24 with me... so maybe a couple a month....  also there is way worse on TV now so I doubt I need to add the "adult warning" thing but I don't want to offend anyone (although I often do!)

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Great song Steve, and it does sum up our obsessions with music gear. I've always liked the Boss BR patches and I've used them on virtually every song I've recorded as there's always something suitable there. Not tried editing patches yet as it's something else to learn and I try and keep my recording process as simple as possible, but I like the sound you've created. Have a great vacation !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

Quote from: Pete C on June 24, 2022, 01:32:16 PMGreat song Steve, and it does sum up our obsessions with music gear. I've always liked the Boss BR patches and I've used them on virtually every song I've recorded as there's always something suitable there. Not tried editing patches yet as it's something else to learn and I try and keep my recording process as simple as possible, but I like the sound you've created. Have a great vacation !

Pete
Quote from: Pete C on June 24, 2022, 01:32:16 PMGreat song Steve, and it does sum up our obsessions with music gear. I've always liked the Boss BR patches and I've used them on virtually every song I've recorded as there's always something suitable there. Not tried editing patches yet as it's something else to learn and I try and keep my recording process as simple as possible, but I like the sound you've created. Have a great vacation !

Pete

not sure about your machines but I was quite amazed how easy it is to edit these... I agree... there is enough to get lost in the pre made patches.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: StephenM on June 24, 2022, 12:25:36 PMI've gotten lost in the BR1600 again...now I have figured out how to edit patches so I have become like Tommy Chong and just getting my black Jay Turser rescue strat and a pipe wrench and going for smoke, as in up in smoke (or their next movie)...
Lovely and hilarious!
I am truly enjoying this tune.
The beat is so good, I love it.
The guitar solo in the background is so nice.
Great work here Stephen!!!
Sounds like you are having a lot of fun!
Rene

tonyc

great stuff stephen , love the sound of the drums and bass 1st class , great listen ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

danthecoat

Love this track and love the fact you have got to grips with those beats/patches something i envy as ive just never been able to get together with them at all.

This gives me an idea Stephen  ???