My adventures at open Mics

Started by StephenM, June 23, 2022, 05:18:56 AM

StephenM

Quote from: SteveB on March 24, 2024, 11:43:59 AM
Quote from: StephenM on March 20, 2024, 07:01:27 AM... also I finger picked only last night... a year ago I would not be caught without a pick and I went with zero last night for a reason.. I find I can play well without a pick and it allows me to do things not possible with...

Interesting that, Steve. I guess I must've originally started with a pick/plectrum/plecky etc back in the mists of time, and then for some decades I didn't use one at all. Then a couple of years ago I decided I wanted to use them again. Oh, sh*t!, I couldn't hold one properly, and since then I've put pieces of tape on the plecs to aid grip.

Hi Steve.... I like what you did with the tape... why not?  Do what works for you... and yes it does seem that both pick and non pick has unique advantages.  I watch this guy, a star but not any where near known as much as his talent is, he does both at the same time... he plays leads using a pick and just fingers with in the same licks at times... he is a master though.. but I gotta watch that some more... also I notice that his strums with a pick are generally very light and controlled (plays a bunch of Les Pauls although he does use this fender electric that masquerades as an acoustic with a "sound hole" and everything)... me I tend to rip parts of my flesh off strumming (if I miss)... thrashing the guitar like it's the last time I'll ever hold it... (lesson to me, calm the f down man)...

anyway... thanks for the participation!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

[/quote]
... thrashing the guitar like it's the last time I'll ever hold it... (lesson to me, calm the f down man)...

[/quote]

I think you should audition for a grunge band!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

SteveB

SteveM – a quick question as I notice you have the BR1600 in your signature. Are you still using it successfully? Are there any problems given the age of the unit? I have the BR1200 and need to think about possible upgrades at some point.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

StephenM

Quote from: SteveB on March 25, 2024, 04:39:25 PMSteveM – a quick question as I notice you have the BR1600 in your signature. Are you still using it successfully? Are there any problems given the age of the unit? I have the BR1200 and need to think about possible upgrades at some point.

I do use it... but mostly for the guitar and bass presets and take the analog out over to my much better Zoom L-20 recording mixer.  I generally don't record on it anymore because my computer and the BR won't link up through the file transfer because of the age of it... I have thought of seeing if I could have some one add a place I could transfer to a thumb drive but I have not yet... I have been using this BR for many years now and it seems to rock along.. I had to reformat the drive a couple of times due to weird errors.  i also think I could put a solid state drive in it..

however i did a recording on it recently... a whole song even using the drums off it... I only ran a stereo mix out to the Zoom.... otherwise it was completed done on the BR... I still like it... it sounds a bit different than other decks

here is a link if you would like to hear it.
https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?msg=410159

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner