Replying to Individauls

Started by Rob Grant, June 22, 2022, 06:52:27 AM

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on January 06, 2023, 01:48:03 AM
Quote from: Rob Grant on June 22, 2022, 06:52:27 AMI thought I would do the same for each person that commented on my song "WHY"

You can reply to each person in a single comment. Select the part of the comment to which you want to reply, and then click the QUOTE SELECTED TEXT button.

Replying_to_Individauls.png

An SMF quote tag with text you selected will automatically be popped into the Reply or Quick Reply field. (If your cursor is in the field already, it will be placed where your cursor was.)

Then you can reply directly under the quote. (Not within the quote tag. That's weird.)

Replying_to_Individauls.png

Then you can do it again with the next comment to which you want to reply.

Quote from: Hook on June 22, 2022, 09:51:46 AMI think the best way to respond to someone posting on your song is to go and listen and post a comment on their songs.

It depends. If there is an actual conversation going on in the comments – about the song, or how it was made, or whether spandex was involved – it's fine to keep that in the same topic. Like Mike_S said:

Quote from: Mike_S on January 05, 2023, 10:28:26 AMif the original poster gives time to explain anything they may have been asked about. And also, importantly for me anyway, if someone has responded in an amusing way, one or two back and forth funny retorts is welcomed by me.

But I agree with Hook: If your reply boils down to "Thanks for saying nice things about my song" then most people would probably like you to return the favor: Go listen to and comment on one of the songs by the person who left the nice comment on your own song.

By the time you are ready to submit your comment with multiple replies, it looks like this (quotes highlighted yellow, my responses highlighted orange.)

Preview_-_Re__Replying_to_Individauls.png

thanks for those tips Ted... I just learned about the "quote selected text" ... that is handy

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner