Ron D Bowes

Started by Ron D Bowes, June 19, 2022, 04:01:56 AM

Ron D Bowes

Hi everyone
I am a blues rock artist out of the UK. Used to gig and record in the 60s and 70s. Gave up music for family and work. Then my situation changed and I got asked by a freelance music journalist to review albums, which entailed going to numerous gigs. That brought the itch back and so I turned back to music. I have recorded numerous albums and worked in collaboration with many musicians worldwide (including Ray Brookes and Farrell Jackson from this very site) I am also the lead singer for Kingstorm (A Puerto Rican/UK classic rock band) and Hart & Bowes (A Hard Rock/Heavy Metal band - Canada/UK)

TPB

Welcome to the site I love me some blues ever need a harp player let me know
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Mike_S

Welcome Ron, great to have another new member here. Your background is really interesting and sounds like you will fit right. Hope you enjoy the site.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Welcome to the site, Ron!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ron D Bowes

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Hook

Welcome from Tampa, FL.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

StephenM

well, I comment quite a bit on your great songs so saying hi is probably past the point now....anyway... glad you are here....
welcome from me in North Carolina (generally) and sometimes upstate NY.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Quote from: Ron D Bowes on June 19, 2022, 04:01:56 AMGave up music for family and work. Then my situation changed and I got asked by a freelance music journalist to review albums, which entailed going to numerous gigs. That brought the itch back and so I turned back to music.

I just read your introduction for the first time. That's a great turnaround in life. Back to Plan A!

It reminds me of something I read in the book So You Wanna Be a Rock & Roll Star by Jacob Slichter, drummer for the band Semisonic. He gave up on music, and pondered a career in academia.

Quote from: Jacob SlichterI entertained visions of graduate school, but such daydreaming was brought to an abrupt end when I opened the envelope containing the miserable grade given to my senior thesis, and the accompanying terse comments on its shabbiness. I graduated with a lackluster record and threw my diploma in a storage box. So much for plan B; back to plan A--rock stardom.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.ca/books/168438/so-you-wanna-be-a-rock-and-roll-star-by-jacob-slichter/9780767914710/excerpt
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac