No One Trusts the Night - a tworegs chapperz original

Started by chapperz66, June 17, 2022, 05:14:28 AM

chapperz66

08 - The Chapman Smith Collective - No One Trusts the Night
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Some time ago Trevor added his original version of this song which really grabbed me.  He agreed we could do another version to be included on our Box of Frogs album.  It struck me as being almost a spiritual type of song and tried to make my instrumentation lead it that way.  I eventually got the backing track done and sent it to the main man for his vocals.  And what a vocal!

It has ended up being over 6 minutes long - not helped by the fact that I tried two different styles of guitar solo and then selfishly decided to keep them both - so rather than rip it at a really low bit rate to upload here I have put it on Soundcloud. 

mp3 now added but soundcloud link left for those few who may be interested.

https://soundcloud.com/paul-chapman-24/no-one-trusts-the-night?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Rene Asologuitar

Hi chapterz66,
What a beautiful vocals!!!
You are right about the spiritual nature of this original.
Very emotional and all-in execution of vocal excellence!!!
Your guitar playing is, in itself, a spiritual experience.
Love it!!!
Very nice display of skill and musicality!!!
Thanks for sharing this beauty!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

StephenM

this is superb.  I am totally into it...

diggin the keyboards and the bass.  vocals are just ok (hahahahahah lol.... great as always... Trev
s a monster)

this is one of my favorites of you guys... its a beautiful composition and arrangement

wonderful guitar work Paul... just fab  thanks for the extra guitars... it is fine for me...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

What can I say but wow I am glad you did not reduce the rate one for the playlist
Bravo guys
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

Great soulful track, Paul and Trevor's vocal is brill as always. Lovely guitar work and a stellar arrangement.
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

What a great song and performances Paul and Trevor! Two excellent solos Paul and all the keys are top notch. Trevor, your vocal is at the top of your game...a wow moment guys!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Awesome song guys. Loving the style of this one. The performance and production is just great and great vocals from Trevor.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

tonyc

great listen paul and trevor very catchy number , nice work ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Redler

Excellent job by both of you! Great composition and performance.  More please!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR