Watch Out Yankee Boy (adult content)

Started by StephenM, June 12, 2022, 07:22:26 PM

StephenM

LANDR-Watch Out Yankee Boy (mix2)-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I just wanted to jam today and so i used this as an excuse to try and rock out maybe a bit like 70's southern rock.  So I decided to write a sort of story or warning to young men who move down here from the north to the south.  This is about what your encounter with a southern "Belle" might actually be like.....
I have seen some things.... yup women with no teeth, chewing tobacco, nasty talking...but I have seen some very attractive ladies chewing tobacco as well..... and some of the farm girls can defo throw a young man around pretty good....
Epiphone Nighthawk x3 (2 rhythm and 1 lead track) Epiphone bass.  all these I used the BR1600 for sound patches.  I also used a drum track from the BR and then added mine as well, as some southern bands used 2 drummers.  3 vocal tracks ....all recorded and mixed on the Zoom L-20
Watch out yankee boy.  that southern girl gotta gleam in her eye.  She's gonna roll ya in the hay mow, she'll milk ya like a cow.  While her daddy looks the other way.  She ain't scared of nothing.  She ain't doing no thumb sucking. She'll pick her nose and eat it too.  Then spit it out tobacco juice on you. 
She's coming for a kiss.  Give ya one you'll never forget.  Roll ya in the hay while her daddy looks the other way. 
ya better not cross her though.  She aims to kill and don't take prisoners.  When ya say I do you better mean it too. 
Her kin l treat you nice.  Til they find out you have lice.  Better not bring crabs around boy.
She'll grab yer dick like a toy.Not a valid attachment ID.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Early morning. I'm in the car listening to this. I was still feeling quite sleepy... Now i'm quite awake. I don't dream of American pie after this anymore. I'll stick to Swedish meatballs thank you.

I think southern rock will never be the same after this!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Zoltan

The guitar soloing in this one is also mighty fine!

One of the many highlights being the repetitive melodic phrase at the 2:40 seconds mark. It's very visual in a sense. Kinda like a having a muscle cramp after being milked dry and then suddenly recovering after the first can of Pabst Blue ribbon is starting to work it's magic.
There's also a hint of cherokee blood to the soloing. The way it ebbs and flows. Runs with the wind.

That Zoom L-20 is a gift that keeps on giving.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Rene Asologuitar

Hi Stephen,
As usual, the guitar is phenomenal!!!
You are absolutely right about the adult content!
Very exhilarating music, great for driving.
Vocals are very convincing!!!
Love this recording.
Rene

guitarron

Crazy cool Steve. Your guitar work is spot on. I dig it

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

Excellent guitars flailing like she got hold of them 😳 those southern girls sure know how to party

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

BerryPatch

Another brilliant all out assault of guitars, bass, and drums! It's like if Lou Reed and Ween got together to make the filthiest Lynard Skynard song :)

Ron D Bowes

Ahh, yes nothing like jamming to blow away the cobwebs. Cool vibe Stephen. I'll bet you had a blast!

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

No one else writes a lyrics like you Stephen lol, brilliant. Such a cool song. Those lead guitars are awesome. Really good solos. Love the tempo and the style and melody of this , just keeps chugging all the way along.
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Mike_S

Heard a wee bit of ZZ Top style in there right at the start... but then reading this is in Southern style, of course I did. You fly the flag for not giving a shit with your lyrics and just get it down there on the page. There is no overthinking, no over perfecting, just raw take me or leave me damn cool lyrics. Some cracking guitar too. Yeah, those southern women... we have been warned!!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand