The Time Traveler asks "Why?" - (Satchwood Original called "Why?")

Started by Satchwood, June 17, 2009, 09:23:36 AM

Satchwood

Satchwoods_WHY_original
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is my first draft on this song - I'd still like to revamp some things for sure...

It's much lighter than my Quantum & Continuum tunes, and hopefully leaves you with a positive feeling - an upbeat melody - even though the song is called: "Why?"

I think we all ask this question at times in our lives - and not necessarily only during down times.  Maybe we should ask ourselves "why?" more often.  Why do I do what I do?  Why are things the way they are?  Why are we happy or feeling this way today?

The Time Traveler asks "Why?"

WHY? - Original instrumental by Satchwood c2009

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Greeny

Q: Why?

A: Because you can shred like a demon!

Draft? You're kidding me! Lol

Fantastic musicianship and composition. I can't even begin to break down all the intricate layers and skill on this. It's amazing.

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Now that is melodic.  When I listen it feels like I am trying to decide something, weighing the pros and cons in my mind, testing out where the decision will lead me, which path should I take kind of thing.  This feels to me like brain waves.  It sounds like what my brain feels like when thinking through a big decision.  I really like the sound if it.  It sounds like a resolution and happy decision is made, and now it is time to move on with no regrets or second guessing.  That is what popped into my head while listening just now Satch, great job, great name for this.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jim1970

This is a Monster of a song!!  Fretboard afire, with some great chord progressions. Love the Ending !!!  This is a killer track!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Great intro/outro - got a nice early 80's Peter Buck style feel before REM got really commercial and horrible.

As usuall, killer playing and enviable shredding - Awesome tune, Satch!!

I now have a fine collection of Satchwood originals - great work on all of them!

Catch you later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

SE

Magic loved it all the way till the end great playing so well put together fantastic work.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Blooby

You have some nice melodies in there.  If you are truly heading back to this one, I'd expand on some of those lines for repeated killer hooks.

Nicely done.

Blooby