Lucifer's Plan

Started by Zoltan, June 10, 2022, 01:18:30 PM

Zoltan

Lucifer's Plan
Time:
0:00
Volume:
After reading about the adventures of Ted... I just had to resurrect this one from the "ones that got away" -catalog. The lyrics are by Manning and it's a song that was never finished.

This is a quick version. I might (and probably should :)) revisit. I just wanted to throw this together... The lead melodies are improvised and all over the place.

The instruments are of 70's vintage (Framus bass and Fender Mustang). I tried to embrace the retro sound and feel with this...

Edit: Uploaded a "better" mix.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

des0free

Awesome song and performance, I'm getting a heavy Doors vibe, and that is hard to pull off.  I wouldn't say it needs to be redone, but I know that I always feel that way about everything I do... 
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

A cool song Zoltan! As the saying goes "The devil is in the details". Yes, I think you are Jim Morrison's son. Well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

yes....a very cool Doors vibe with a bit of CCR thrown in, and maybe a smidge of the Dead lead guitar...

this is so early 70's yes... I am sure this was on the radio when I was growin up...

glad you got to this... i don't think you'd make it better though... you could make it different... better?  probably not...different yes...
great recording

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

No, just leave it as it is...it sounds really good. Nice retro feeling too!

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ted

Quote from: Zoltan on June 10, 2022, 01:18:30 PMAfter reading about the adventures of Ted

I wasn't sure right away what you were talking about, and then I listened more closely. Gave me a great big laugh.

I dig the groove. This isn't the Doors, folks, it's hipper than that.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Sounds good. I'm getting the doors vibe too. Nice music and style. Love the lyrics :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

I messed up one of the comps....not Greatful Dead ...but instead it was The Guess Who....guitar wise, especially the leads...
they were a great band...great... and were the parents of the child band BTO....
super recording bro.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Absolutely swingin'! GREAT guitar tones on this track and excellent vocals. That playing is super tasteful, definitely in a Garcia mode here! A vintage 70's mustang is on my bucket list of future would-be guitar purchases :)

Johnbee

Love the guitar work and the vocals.  Doors inspired for sure.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!