What happened to my guitar pick today...

Started by des0free, June 09, 2022, 09:54:43 PM

des0free

I needed to quickly leave the house so grabbed some socks off the floor and quickly pulled them on, then put on my shoes and ran out of the house. After running an errand, I'm going for a walk down the street and feel a "pebble" in my shoe. I take off my shoe and check, but nothing is inside. I realize I feel something in my sock. Standing on the sidewalk on one foot I pull off my sock and shake it. Something flies out and into the road, just as a car is passing by. The object hits the car and then gets run over by it. The people see a guy standing on the side of the road with one naked foot in the air using a sock as slingshot to throw something at their car, which they may have thought was strange.  I go to check in the street and see that it was a guitar pick that had apparently gotten into my sock.  The pick is fine, completely undamaged, so I can recommend the grey "Dunlop Nylon 0.6 mm pick" as quite sturdy and reliable.  ;D

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

Luckily there wasn't a question mark after the topic. My brain was already cooking up some scenarios that are best left unsaid :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: des0free on June 09, 2022, 09:54:43 PMI needed to quickly leave the house so grabbed some socks off the floor and quickly pulled them on, then put on my shoes and ran out of the house. After running an errand, I'm going for a walk down the street and feel a "pebble" in my shoe. I take off my shoe and check, but nothing is inside. I realize I feel something in my sock. Standing on the sidewalk on one foot I pull off my sock and shake it. Something flies out and into the road, just as a car is passing by. The object hits the car and then gets run over by it. The people isee guy standing on the side of the road with one naked foot using a sock as slingshot to throw something at their car, which they may have thought was strange.  I go to check in the street and see that it was a guitar pick that had apparently gotten into my sock.  The pick is fine, completely undamaged, so I can recommend the grey "Dunlop Nylon 0.6 mm pick" as quite sturdy and reliable.  ;D

This is quite an amusing story Des, lol. I can say truthfully that this has never happened to anybody I know. But the grey Dunlop Nylon 0.6 mm is my pick of choice also. It's good to know it can survive being ran over by a car  ;D
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Blooby

Is there a part II where the people in the car return irate?

Zoltan

I'm still trying to digest the fact that you're using such a thin piece of plastic :)

I'm playing with 1,5mm and only sometimes experiment with thinner ones when playing acoustic guitar.
If i'll get your chops i'll switch to a 0,6mm...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Hilary

I used to keep mine in my bra - they used to turn up everywhere :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Lurker

I found a pick today. It was under a piece of furniture that hadn't moved in over twenty years. They do turn up everywhere. Although, I don't tend to find them in my undergarments. There, it's usually more of a scratch.

cuthbert

Jim Dunlop 0.6mm pick - Takes a licking and keeps on picking.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

hooper

Quote from: cuthbert on June 10, 2022, 10:33:51 PMJim Dunlop 0.6mm pick - Takes a licking and keeps on picking.

That's right!  ;D
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

kenny mac

I actually used a pick I found to level up a granite kitchen worktop that had dropped slightly  ;D