Really enjoying this book... !

Started by Greeny, June 17, 2009, 09:02:50 AM

Greeny

Motley Crue: The Dirt...

Has anyone else read this? I'm about a third in, and I can't put it down. I don't really know much of their music, but this is one filthy, insane read. Ozzy Osbourne has just snorted a line of ants and licked up both his AND Nikki Sixx's p*ss off the pavement. Yep... that's how depraved it is. The opening paragraph alone is unbelievable...

"Her name was Bullwinkle. We called her that because she had a face like a moose. But Tommy, even though be could get any girl he wanted on the Sunset Strip, would not break up with her. He loved her and wanted to marry her, he kept telling us, because she could spray her *CENSORED* across the room"

I heartily recommend it - if you can stomach it!

Jim1970

I gotta get a hold of that book!!  I love Books about RockBands!!!

Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

How can someone spray censored across the room?

Hold on.........

Found a Picture.........

See Below......

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Blooby

Quote from: Greeny on June 17, 2009, 09:02:50 AMMotley Crue: The Dirt...

Has anyone else read this?

Although I have never owned a Motley Crue album, I was compelled to read this one as well as The Heroin Diaries.  They really were fascinating reads, this one for its debauchery and the latter in order to see how close you can continuously flirt with death.

Blooby

Sprocket

Quote from: Blooby on June 23, 2009, 04:45:51 AMAlthough I have never owned a Motley Crue album...

Their first album "Too Fast For Love" IMO is their best, very raw unpolished great songs.
The second one("Shout") is pretty damn good too....but they lost me after "Theater Of Pain".
Motley Crue makes me nostalgic for 7th grade, what an awesome time for music...IMO.

Sounds like a very interesting read...some of my favorite books are bout rockstars/musicians.

Ferryman

Haven't read this but I might, because it just sounds so interesting. I would also recommend seeing "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" because it shows life at the other end of the heavy metal spectrum. It's also hilarious and strangely touching.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on July 03, 2009, 01:10:50 AMHaven't read this but I might, because it just sounds so interesting. I would also recommend seeing "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" because it shows life at the other end of the heavy metal spectrum. It's also hilarious and strangely touching.

Cheers,

Nigel

It's one of the finest, most emotionally-involving films I've ever seen. For anyone of a certain age who has ever been in or thought of being in a band, it's a must see. Oh... that's most of us on here, lol