'Play it as it Lays' - Original by Greeny

Started by Greeny, June 17, 2009, 08:05:06 AM

assassin

yEP .Add me to that list-- ill have to look out 4 your guitar stuff--
Gotta look after ther London lads.

ASSASSIN

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Greeny on June 22, 2009, 02:35:12 AM
Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on June 19, 2009, 03:56:51 PMGreeny, did you record the left hand and right hand separately?  Just wondering.

Stunning! :o  Fine job, sir! ;D
Thanks!!!! And yes... I did the left and right separately. In fact, I was using both hands on both layers. I'm nowhere near doing all of it together (yet). All of it is my own made-up way of playing - so really not 'proper' piano. It's made me want to do some more though...

Yes, I was wondering, because some of the parts sounded like they would have been tough without recording them separately.  I did the same thing in some of my first piano recordings that were too complicated at the time for me to play properly.  But whatever gets the job done is all that matters.  Britt Daniel from Spoon does this, and Spoon is awesome.  Plus, he makes music for a living and should know how to play piano by now.  For us, it's excusable. :-\

Yes, please give us more Greeny piano songs! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

guitarron

i like it greeny-a string section might sound fitting-in some parts-2 cents

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Ohh yes !! Love this song.  Like others I hear the Lennon vibe ... and love it !! Great piano-playing and that without using a sustainer-pedal? That's quite an accomplishment.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Frank53

Very nice, Greeny. The sadness and hopefulness of reality. The well played piano figure sets the mood perfectly. Good subtle effects on the voices. Really held my attention. Very well done!

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

AverGo

Really good Greeny, you didn't sound like you were outside your comfort zone.
Loved the rain and Roger Waters feel.