'Play it as it Lays' - Original by Greeny

Started by Greeny, June 17, 2009, 08:05:06 AM

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on June 18, 2009, 05:15:30 AMFair dos. Is it touch sensitive, and does it have a sustain pedal? Just getting more sustain on some of those single notes and melody lines would be cool, as they seem to decay quite quickly.

This made me laugh at my own stupidity! YES... there's a pedal, but I never thought of using it! Doh!!!!! I think there's reverb and stuff too, but I was so hunched over the keys trying not to fluff the notes too much that my mind was elsewhere... lol

OsCKilO

Quote from: Greeny on June 18, 2009, 05:19:14 AM
Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on June 18, 2009, 05:15:30 AMFair dos. Is it touch sensitive, and does it have a sustain pedal? Just getting more sustain on some of those single notes and melody lines would be cool, as they seem to decay quite quickly.

This made me laugh at my own stupidity! YES... there's a pedal, but I never thought of using it! Doh!!!!! I think there's reverb and stuff too, but I was so hunched over the keys trying not to fluff the notes too much that my mind was elsewhere... lol

Still a great tune Tim!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

The Reverend 48

I was so intrigued by this I waited till I was on my monitors.....
And WOW Tim your are a real craftsman it is beautiful and the piano sounds like you have been playing all your life!

lg

Tim you talented bugger!
This reminded me of John Lennon's style... I LOVE this piece.
You are truly an inspiration to us all!
14 albums, wow!
Well, I guess that's a good start, huh?
LOL

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

holdempok

LG it's 14 song on his latest Album. Even the mighty Greeny can pull off 14 albums in 1 year. Tim, this is fabulos! Are you putting these up for sale? On I tunes type sites?

Good Job Man
Why don't we do it on the road?

Greeny

Quote from: holdempok on June 18, 2009, 10:41:17 AMLG it's 14 song on his latest Album. Even the mighty Greeny can pull off 14 albums in 1 year. Tim, this is fabulos! Are you putting these up for sale? On I tunes type sites?

Good Job Man

Yeah - I've only done three albums this year (or is it 4?)! Lol

I've never sold anything or tried to. The business part of music isn't something I'm good at... !

Bosko Schwartz

HOLY GREENY!!! ;D ;D ;D

I for one am a big fan of piano, and when I first ventured into this realm, I was scared shitless too.  My first recording of piano can be heard in the original mix of "Gone" (https://songcrafters.org/community/br-1600-b69/'gone'-(work-in-progress)/30/), and I still shudder listening to it. 

Your first attempt at piano, however, is excellent.  I especially like how you didn't try to add guitar -- which you are more comfortable with -- to "cover up" the piano.  You just let it all hang out, so to speak.  The song itself is really minor and haunting, something I am a huge fan of.  You do it very well, and this is a PERFECT song to complete what I'm sure will be a phenomenal album.  The singing on this tune, as with all of your songs, is simply FUCKING BRILLIANT.  Very Lennon-esque, which is about the biggest compliment I can think of to give anyone.  Someone compared this song to the Double Fantasy era, and I agree.  Another huge compliment, as that (well, the John half, not necessarily the Yoko half), is one of my favorites by God -- er, I mean, Lennon. ;D  I also like how this song sort of rides a little piano pattern all the way home.  I don't really hear any real changes -- no set verse or chorus -- and yet it doesn't feel repetitive.  I also dig the rain sound FX!  Love the double-tracked vocals -- one singing an octave higher -- when they come in.  Good mix too!  Just great work all around! ;D

Quote from: Flash Harry on June 17, 2009, 04:29:50 PMYou need a real piano. That's what you don't like, electronics give you no feel. You can't get that organic feedback from the things that vibrate and interact with your hands and gut. Music shop time. Piano shops for you and me mate.

Flash Harry is always advising people who use keyboards to use real pianos.  FLASH, certainly we would if we had access to them or the room for them!  Greeny, did you record the left hand and right hand separately?  Just wondering.

Stunning! :o  Fine job, sir! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Wiley

Not sure how I missed this but  this was just wonderful..  And you Greeny have no reason to feel insecure. You are probably the best singer and composer I have ever heard. Songs just flow out of you.

Greeny

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on June 19, 2009, 03:56:51 PMGreeny, did you record the left hand and right hand separately?  Just wondering.

Stunning! :o  Fine job, sir! ;D

Thanks!!!! And yes... I did the left and right separately. In fact, I was using both hands on both layers. I'm nowhere near doing all of it together (yet). All of it is my own made-up way of playing - so really not 'proper' piano. It's made me want to do some more though...

Blooby

Quote from: Sprocket on June 17, 2009, 12:27:45 PMCome on now, you sound like the super hot chic who thinks shes fat, "do these jeans make me look fat?"  :D

Unique simile which got your point across well.

I really like this, but I'm wondering if you have listened to this without the percussion.  I'm trying to imagine it.  I think it might feature your excellent vocals more.  Just a thought.

Another stellar track.

Blooby