accepted 2 gigs.

Started by Groundy, June 02, 2022, 01:00:32 PM

Groundy

I still get offered gigs after years of not playing, it was 2 for this month for the celebration of the queens 70 years on the throne, I have just finished my first one and I am knackered after playing for just over 2hrs 30 mins with no break, I now really remember what I didn't like about gigging, it was not the playing but having to load the car with gear then putting it all back after the gig and all the people who want to talk to you while you are trying to pack your gear away, anyway that's that one done next one next Tuesday the downside is the gig I have just done want to rebook me for Christmas . I'm sure that will be a no I'm getting too old for this...

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

TPB

rock on brother i know about the gear The last few years have been acoustic only with small amp acoustic and one pedal board
Good luck
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

First, congrats on landing the two or more gigs Alex! Your fans are saying you've still got what it takes! Second, I fully understand the time and exhaustion it takes for the equipment set up and take down of gigging. That's the exact reason I did my last gig in 2012. When people would ask what I charge for a gig I would say "I play for free but you'll have to pay me big bucks to bring my musical equipment", lol. Good for you for still being in demand! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

Quote from: Groundy on June 02, 2022, 01:00:32 PM2hrs 30 mins

I don't think I could play music from memory for that long. That would (maybe) be the most exhausting part of it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Lurker

I'm particularly fond of carrying the gear up a narrow stairwell. That's when I had a gig.

Cheers for getting two. Here's hoping that your best tip is the offer of a hand lugging your stuff out.

Groundy

Thanks, gang, well my next one is next Tuesday and that is my very last gig for certain, I was knackered getting too old now.  Alex ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Jean Pierre

Félicitation Alex 2h30 de concert ! impressionnant, je comprends que vous soyez crevé..
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo