We Will Not Forget

Started by StephenM, May 28, 2022, 05:00:33 AM

StephenM

LANDR-We Will Not Forget (carry the torch)-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Monday in the US is Memorial Day.  Also I remember those defending the Ukraine from Russia's invasion.  This song is for anyone and everyone who has fought (not necessarily with arms but also those too) for freedom from tyrannical and oppressive "leadership."  Even though I am just beginning to understand what true freedom really is I am in love with the idea of it.

I suppose this is a romantic attempt to honor it.  It is a bit hippieish... but I think there are a few gems in the song.  You can hear a few porch swings in here as I was recording this on the front porch.

I attempted to make a few changes based on recommendations but in the end could not make it better so I used this as I recorded it about a month ago.
Rest your head, weary soldier.  Though the cost of freedom is paid in your bloodshed.  We will never forget the price you paid.  To free us from tyrannical men.  Evil oppressors.  Tho the cost is high there is strength in unity, goodwill to humanity and love to your fellowman.  We will stand strong against evil oppressors.  We will not forget those that paid that cost in blood.  We say, we will not forget.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hooper

Beautiful and powerful...well done!

Could stand side-by-side with CSN's Find The Cost of Freedom
  Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground,
  Mother Earth will swallow you,
  Lay your body down.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

TPB

A fitting and great tribute and it does not hurt it is in the CSN style one of my all time favorite bands
41 years in the military I have quite a few to remember on Monday
All good men gone to soon
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: StephenM on May 28, 2022, 05:00:33 AMI suppose this is a romantic attempt to honor it.  It is a bit hippieish... but I think there are a few gems in the song.  You can hear a few porch swings in here as I was recording this on the front porch.
I can hear CSNY on this song.
The melody is very cool!
Love the lyrics, truly poetic and well crafted.
Your message is loud and clear on this set of lyrics.
This is very hippyish, and I love it!!!
Lovely singing, and the porch background sounds are great!
Rene

Ray Brookes

This is just great, Stephen. Those haunting background harmonies are so reminiscent of CSNY and maybe Simon & Garf. Your songs lately have taken (in my view) a lovely direction with a more plaintive and emotive vibe that works so well. 
Ray Brookes

hardlock

Very moving piece Stephen! Well done indeed - takes me back to the "good old days" of protest songs.

One very small suggestion if I may - Use fade in and out on the background nature effects if possible so they blend with the song better.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Greeny

Loved the way that the nature sounds led into the acoustic guitar. It already set a mellow, pastoral mood before the beautiful harmonies came into focus. I really like the bluegrass edge on some of the guitar licks too - so tasty. Brilliant stuff. 

tonyc

wow stephen you just get better and better , this is brill , great lyrics , and love the backing vocals . superb guitar playing , top notch ,.....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Hook

Wow brother, quite an impressive recoding. those harmonies are excellent and hauntingly beautiful.  Wonderful tune, well done.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely