Unknown Melody?

Started by hardlock, May 27, 2022, 12:36:45 AM

hardlock

piano melody
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Anyone know what this is? It's just too familiar to not be something I'm plagiarizing. I couldn't get it out of my head so I've now got an entire production around it but before posting thought I'd better find out who to credit if anyone.  ???
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

alfstone

Totally unknown. But sounds good indeed. Good starting point for a blues, IMO.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Mike_S

Yep, seems like a new one to me. For a moment I thought (after racking my brains) might be close to Luck Be a Lady, Frank Sinatra, but i checked it out and it's not.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

It does sound familiar to me. It reminded me of the break in Charlie Brown's Theme Song. So, I googled it and that's not it. It is a cool melody...I say go with it. 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

cuthbert

Your rhythm is a bit more staccato and the overall feel is a bit jazzier - but your melody (in parts) does remind me a bit of the blues riff in 'Nobody's Fault but Mine" by Led Zeppelin.

Seems to me the differences between the two are far enough apart that you're not plagiarizing, though.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

hardlock

Quote from: cuthbert on May 27, 2022, 05:56:17 PM'Nobody's Fault but Mine" by Led Zeppelin.

Interesting as a big fan of LZ, didn't remember this song but am sure I heard it back in the day. Maybe influenced the melody.

Thanks all for the help. About got the song done.... If interested, keep an eye out for "Livin'-Dyin' Blues" on the originals. That melody started out to be looped but got boring after a few so broke it up with a ballad verse and used this melody in the chorus. Still not sure if it works together but we'll see.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure