The cold pervades me now
Hold it back with arms of steel
Fire all around

Hope it's ok

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Hook

I dig it brother. Kinda makes me think of the Cure mixed with the Cult.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ray Brookes

Cool rock ballad and the strat sounds great along with strong convincing vocals. The AA batteries work well too.
Ray Brookes

Rene Asologuitar

Hi John,
As always, the guitar playing is superb.
Love the beat of this song, and your vocals is so full and very clear in this song.
Quality recording!
I like this a lot!
Rene

Mike_S

Some great sounds John and a lovely vocal. I do like those lyrics too... they leave me wanting to know more, as all good songs do. Great stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

isn't it cool what some talent can do with a small recorder and and instrument.... just like always I love your style.
you have your very own sound and ways of singing and playing...that is big stuff...
I love your chosen chorusy guitar effect...drums work.
but man those vocals
superb John

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Cool song with a great lyric and sound. Has one of those 80's band feel. Some great guitars and drums too.
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Farrell Jackson

A real good song John! I love that tremolo, sustaining chord before each chorus and at the end. That is an excellent production choice. It's all good but the lyric and the vocals puts the icing on the cake!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

des0free

Very catchy song with great guitar playing.  I enjoyed this a lot. Wish there was more new rock songs like this on the radio!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

I need to buy the same batteries you're using :D They seem to be filled with magic! You have a style of your own. It's partly defined by your vocal sound and the way you approach songwriting. I get the vibe of a master songwriter whose gone solo after a long stint heading a band that broke after having musical differences :)

I hear the sound of 80's more than any other decace in this song. It's kinda ageless yet still rooted in a time and place. If that makes sense? Probably doesn't so let's just carry on. It's in your blood!

BTW i listened to this from the player also and the way the song flowed into another (The Signs) worked in a very satisfying manner.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper