Changing plug on a les Paul

Started by TPB, May 23, 2022, 07:10:09 AM

TPB

Went plug in the les and the nut that holds the jack came off how hard can it be to fix first there is no access to it so you have to get it from a small hole in the pick up once it is fished out you need to run wire from the hole to the output hole fish the whole ten yards back to the hole and put the nut on
Took about a hour got everything back together plugged it in and the guitar plug fell out seems I bent the negative tab out fishing it through so had to do the whole process again
Never realized how much it had aged until I saw the while under the pickup bout back up and running now
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

AndyR

What sort of Les Paul is this?

All mine have got two much easier access points:

1. The backplate that gets you into the control cavity with all the volume and tone controls.
2. The jack socket plate itself.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

TPB

XAVIERE XV-500 SERIES SOLID MAHOGANY- SOLID CARVED MAPLE TOPS
Bought it years ago upgraded the to gold hum. It has been a great playing guitar and taken abuse and still keeps ticking. I used to buy parts from the company they always had good prices and I have bought a couple other guitars from them over the years always had good results 
/www.guitarfetish.com
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

AndyR

Cool guitar 8) 

All the pictures I can find online seem to imply that they have the standard back-plate for access to the control cavity and the standard jack-plate on the bottom edge of the guitar, though? Both secured with screws? I must be missing something that meant you had to go all the way to the pickup cavity.

All the jack socket issues I've had over the years - and I've had plenty, including the bent tag thing! - have been fixable via those. Mainly just unscrew the jack-plate and let the socket fall out the hole, re-attach it to the plate and screw the plate back on... A lot easier on this shape of guitar than some others I could mention (I'm looking at you Telecasters with your fancy recessed cup arrangement for the jack socket! ;D   I've been known to replace those with LP-style jack plates that have screws. The Telecaster design is prettier, but that jack socket nut still comes undone like it does on every electric guitar, then you need to be able tighten it , and... do'h!)

Anyways, glad it's sorted :)  :)  :) 
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on