Weird Al does Craigslist, Doors style feat. Ray Manzarek

Started by Ted, June 16, 2009, 10:38:08 AM

Ted

QuoteParody singer "Weird Al" Yankovic poked fun at Segway riders three years ago with his rap song "White and Nerdy," and his latest single "Craigslist" skewers the people who can be found swapping wares and scoring dates on the classifieds ads site. (While there's a verse about the popular "missed connections" feature on Craigslist, there isn't otherwise mention of the current prostitution controversy that the site's been dealing with.)

The video and song are a professed homage to the Doors, and though it isn't a takeoff on a specific song, Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek was enlisted to play on the track. "Craigslist" is available for sale as a single now and will appear on an album that comes out next year.

Thanks to having a juvenile stepson in my life, I have come to regard Weird Al with awe.  I saw him live about two years ago.  What a great performer and a great band. I'd go see his band even without Al, and I'd see Al with a lesser band--but together, truly, one of my best concert experiences ever.

Via BoingBoing
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

ha ha... are you a BoingBoing fanatic too? It's my favourite site on the net (apart from this one of course!), and part of my daily routine. This is another gem!