Animated Avatar

Started by launched, June 16, 2009, 08:33:27 AM

launched

I was playing around with animated avatars a couple days ago, and received a few inquiries regarding how to do it.

So if there is anyone who hasn't figured it out already, here's how:

You can't upload an avatar to your profile and have it display in motion on most sites like this - it has to be referenced from another web site. To do this, go under PROFILE|Forum Profile Information, then select "I have my own pic" and enter the URL of your animated avatar (a .gif file) in the textbox. A personal website would work, or maybe a free picture storage site would work(Not sure of that).

If you don't have an animated avatar, but badly want one, there are two choices:

1. Search for an avatar on the web, or go to avatar websites such as http://www.free-avatars.com

2. Make your own using Photoshop($$$) or Gimp(Free!!) - There are howto's on the web for this. It's basically a .gif file which can hold multiple photos for slideshow purposes, so all you are really doing is is adding photos in a certain order to simulate motion. The finished product should follow pixel/size guidelines of 100x100 and less than 100k

I've made my own before, and it's not exactly easy - the end result was fun, though.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

nice one mark!

Gonna have some fun with this!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

launched

Quote from: Greeny on June 16, 2009, 09:27:28 AMWe had a big discussion on this a while back... it got quite amusing!  :D

https://songcrafters.org/community/general-discussion-b8/animated-gif-avatar/0/

I know what you mean, Greeny :D Had my day of fun and now it's over.

Some people had questions, so I gave answers that's all. I think the ones you can make yourself are pretty cool, though - maybe a slideshow of some vintage recording equipment, perhaps? It doesn't just have to be a goofy "Avatard" ;D
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

Quote from: launched on June 16, 2009, 09:47:29 AM
Quote from: Greeny on June 16, 2009, 09:27:28 AMWe had a big discussion on this a while back... it got quite amusing!  :D

https://songcrafters.org/community/general-discussion-b8/animated-gif-avatar/0/

I know what you mean, Greeny :D Had my day of fun and now it's over.

Some people had questions, so I gave answers that's all. I think the ones you can make yourself are pretty cool, though - maybe a slideshow of some vintage recording equipment, perhaps? It doesn't just have to be a goofy "Avatard" ;D

ah... making your own... that's a whole different thing! I'm tempted to see how that looks myself!