Satellite Green (1994) - Imaginary TV theme fest

Started by Zoltan, May 04, 2022, 11:06:38 AM

Zoltan

Satellite Green
Time:
0:00
Volume:
FauxTVThemes (banner image missing)

Satellite Green (1994) was billed as the "soap opera for 90's kidz". The story follows Billy (Corey Sutherland), a young man who is THE BEST Nintendo player on the block. He also plays bass in a band called Nocturnal Nirvana.

The peaceful and quiet town of Sun Lotion Valley is going thru changes. So does Billy. With the arrival of the mysterious green trailer things turn weird!

The series was cancelled after the first season. The only thing remaining of the series is the promotional music video, and the barely released soundtrack cd. The band that plays all the songs in the series is called Soundgreenhouse.

satellite-green.jpg

The episode list:

Episode 1
Billy wakes up and there's green goo on the floor. Whose to blame? Elsewhere Samantha is doing her nails, and thinking if Billy would like her to cut her hair. The battle of bands is getting closer, and Billies band mates are worried because he's always skipping rehealsal!

Episode 2

Billy wakes in the green goo. Whose to blame? Elsewhere a green trailer is seen parked near the Paradise park. Samantha is still doing her nails and thinking about Billies father. The battle of bands was cancelled because of the lack of interest. No one told Billy and he's just started reheasing for it.

Episode 3

Billy wakes in the green trailer. WFT is happening? Samantha is going out with Billys father. Billy is getting the satellite! Billy is happy. Everyone is happy!

Episode 4

Was never aired. Thought to be lost. What i've heard was that it was mostly about Billys father confronting Billys school bullies, and showing them old man strenght. Everyone is cheering. Billy is enjoying his newly installed satellite while covered in green goo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcXozErSyLA
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

20220504_153043_resized.jpg

well, here is the green trailer.... my grand daughter is 11 and she loves it...plus it matches the dog's collar...  it's one of my epic artworks of retirement!  It's better to burn out than fade away (NY said it)....

this song here rocks a cubit ass ton... which is one of the Navy descriptors we used for a whole bunch as opposed to an RCH (will explain in a PM) which is a very small amount...

I love the back story as well... man dude, you are one fun dude... I heard that Finland is the funnest, happiest people... I might fit right in up there...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

really cool video as well... man that was interesting to me.... it never got boring...better than many of the MTV things in the early 80's...well done and super cool

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Cool rocking track, Zoltan; nice bass solo and those guitars sound awesome. Always quality production from you. Great stuff.
Ray Brookes

Ted

Quote from: Ray Brookes on May 04, 2022, 01:49:24 PMbass solo and those guitars sound awesome.

What he said.

You've set the bar pretty high with the artwork and the video. I got a little too excited when I saw the skateboard.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

maxit

WOW, what a shame! I love the story and the soundtrack!!!!
recorder
Audacity

Hook

Quite thought out, excellent song brother...shame about the show.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Bluesberry

Totally awesome and tasty......great fun imaginative song and show.....well done

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike_S

The problem with this is... the story is so cool and fun that you kinda take your eye off the fact that the song is so damn cool. I love this track a ton. Downloading for further listens.

But yeah... what happened this TV hit. Bring it back!!!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand