Ipad Pro for recording and music production?

Started by dasilvasings, April 25, 2022, 12:03:36 PM

dasilvasings

As some may know, I have been using the Ipad to make music. I have a relatively solid setup mostly with Cubasis, Ampkit and occasional synths such as sunrizer (jp 8000 clone). I still think that Apple apps are amazing.

My Ipad is a 2017 ipad, and like most stuff from Evil Apple, it is starting to get outdated.

Someone clever would leave Evil Apple and try something different, but my mind and my will were already broken by Steve Jobs, and I am considering buying an Ipad Pro instead.

I already been pretty well brainwashed about all that bs of "value for money" etc. for the Ipad, but I am all twitching at the new accessories I would have to buy to make the studio work.

So:

1. Does anyone have experience with the "studio quality" mics the Ipad Pro claims to have? I am sure they are ok, but would they record the dynamic range from bass 30/50 Hz to an acoustic guitar top end of 20/ 30 kHz?
2. Can you actually record anything without lag using bluetooth headphones?
3. Are bluetooth phones capable of delivering acceptable "flat" response? Guess I would have to buy a UsB-c to jack adapter if I want to master "on the go".

I have a bad feeling that musicians will (if not already) grow tired of Apple anytime.

Comments/ rants welcomed!

recorder
Boss Micro BR