Please stop posting old recordings

Started by 64Guitars, April 22, 2022, 04:28:35 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: hardlock on April 21, 2022, 09:36:08 PMI keep digging up these gems from the past (at least it is to me but I'm my best fan  ::) ) Thought it might be worth posting.

Quote from: Zoltan on April 21, 2022, 02:10:06 PMThis one is an old song from 2007 (or 2008).

Quote from: hardlock on April 20, 2022, 12:02:16 AMGoing through some of my old material, thought I'd post em' as I found em' cause I forgot I even wrote this. From 2016.

Quote from: DarrenG on April 18, 2022, 12:36:20 PMVince sent me this track couple of years ago with his vocals on and i added some music around it.

Quote from: Zoltan on April 16, 2022, 06:26:29 AMHere's a saturday salvage from the archives. This one is a one day wonder from 2007.

Quote from: Zoltan on April 05, 2022, 04:44:31 AMSubject: "Sting" PoriJazz 2006

I found this track from an old hard drive.

Quote from: hardlock on April 03, 2022, 10:33:57 PMSubject: Oldie from 2012 - ELP-1 Jam - hardlock original

Dug this up and couldn't find a post on here for it here so thought I'd test the new OP system.

Quote from: hardlock on March 28, 2022, 04:46:54 AMFound this from last year Backing track was from late 2020.

Please, everyone, stop posting your old recordings. Songcrafters is not meant to be a free storage site for your life's work.

One of the things that makes Songcrafters special compared to other music sites is that we're a forum for musicians who are actively recording new music today! When a new member joins, we don't mind if they post one or two old recordings as an introduction. But that's all! After that, all posts should be new recordings only. I've said this many times before and, frankly, I'm getting really tired of repeating myself. I, for one, do not want to see Songcrafters degenerate into a virtual clone of all the other music sites. So let's treasure and protect the things that make Songcrafters different and special. Let's leave the past in the past where it belongs. If you really want to archive your life's work on the web, please use one of the many other sites for that purpose and only use Songcrafters for your new recordings. You're welcome to include a link to your external archive site in your signature.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

hardlock

Good to know. You'd advised me before when I asked if old songs could be used for a fest but didn't know until now about old songs in general. Word to the now wiser. ::)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

personally, I'd like to hear your old songs so please message me with a way I can find them.  Specifically, the above named mentioned. 
If i survive another 10 years and post here it will be an archive of my lifes work... Ha!  Looking at some of the lists of say 800 songs or so it seems that way to me... and why not? 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

I'm ok with this. If i've read this rule i've forgotten it. Thanks for reminding.  I did feel a bit iffy posting old songs, but i did it mostly as a tribute to my old songwriting pardner, and to keep discussion going. The downside of this is of course the potential for stealing thunder from new songs and wasting server space. If it helps any these aren't anywhere else on internet and more than likely will never be.

But yes, this is no problem for me.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I didn't know this. Ok, no problem Thanks for the update
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.