Nothing Real by BerryPatch (Pysch Fest '22)

Started by BerryPatch, April 21, 2022, 09:45:04 PM

BerryPatch

Nothing Real Fixed
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Psychedelic2022 (banner image missing)

After a long while of tinkering, this track I started last month for Pysch Fest is finally in a finished state. I was hoping to get a few songs in for the fest but I soon realized I probably wouldn't get another done in time so I threw in everything but the kitchen sink at this one ;D. Recorded on all on Garageband (though I have to say, it gave me some hassle this time... I think I'll be in the market for another standalone recorder). This is the first time I've used the reverse effect on GB after hearing it on a couple of James'songs and it definitely comes in handy. Enjoy...

Restless daughter
What she's bought she can't abide
Under pstarlight
Dressed in all her colors bright

It's all you've seen once before
Just look into inside to your own doors
Because every word you say is nothing real

Tired faces,
Look up to the failing sky,
Someone speaking,
Making sermons for the light

I just can't take anymore,
Write to the sound of your thoughts,
Because every word you say is nothing real,
Every word you say is nothing real

Thought that you've seen it all,
Then you come to a fall,
The picture has no nails
So take your shot from the pale

It's all inside your mind it's what you feel
Because every word you say is nothing real
Epiphone Shearton
Epiphone Viola Bass
Mellotron App
Shure Sm 58
Gargeband Drums and Organ
Zoom G3 Multi FX Pedal
Mixed on Garageband

cuthbert

Holy wow, what a stunner! Goes from rock to psychedelic and back again. Those backwards Mellotron bits have that Their Satanic Majesties Request spook to them. Everything is right in the pocket.

Totally dig it - so psychedelic. Well done, Keith!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

total psych rock fest here from the opening salvo of back and forth panned guitar.  thing is I can't really tell psychedelic anymore, my brain naturally gravitates there. 
This is a big winner....
put this guy directly at the top of the charts...
some folks just got it and man do you got it. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

Wow. First of all, the bass is phenomenal - pure Macca ('Rain' springs to mind). I love the whole thing though. There's a real heaviness before it drops away into that dreamy section. Absolutely fantastic song, performance and production - so far up my street that I just dig everything about it. Outstanding work and attention to detail!

Greeny

And it's even better on repeated listens. Such amazing detail and sonic adventures.

Oldrottenhead

I'm listening on my iPhone speakers and it sounds fab, can't wait to hear it through decent speakers. Loving the spooky mellotron part. And yes GarageBand is great for doing backwards guitar. Loving the solo too great chops. One to download methinks.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

TPB

Love it really liked the breakdown section and change a tempo thinks it adds to the overall feel of the song
tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Nelson

Damn that bass is the shit.
The guitar work is solid, and those drums are outstanding / perfect, from the get downs to the breaks.
The break at 2:20 is smokin.
This whole thing sounds and feels like a real live band getting down.

Hats off 2 ya bro... take your bow
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

IanR

This is cool.

Sounds are great. The dreamy section leading into the guitar solo is really well done.

Vocals fit perfectly.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

hardlock

Very nice all around! The only thing harder than trying to write better songs than you guys is trying to write better reviews!  ::) This song really nails the fest for sure! Going for another listen. To cool! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure