"Rainy Day Blues" (Wiley)

Started by The Reverend 48, June 15, 2009, 03:48:12 AM

The Reverend 48

PJGM3_02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I couldn't resist posting this... :D ;)
 we have been working on phrasing in G over a backer and wiley mailed me this.......

"Also It was raining like mad when I was practicing out at the lake in the little shed. (Has a metal roof)  I thought it added to the bluesy feel.  So I just let it rain through the whole song."

Priceless.. 8) 8)
I loved the idea of Wiley sat in a little shed in the wilds of IOWA knocking out some cool licks........

So I give you her "Rainy Day Blues".........

StevieM

Hey PJ,
Can I come and play in your shed too??? ;D
I think I've got a LOT of catching up to do!!!!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Pine

How can ya not love the blues. Some big blues guy once said, "If you don't dig the Blues, you got a hole in your soul"..
  Well i dig this! This song perfectly captures the title. I loved the "guitar conversation" here...and after the first turnaround, i almost expected to hear Robert Cray step in and sing  :D Right down his alley! This song also demonstrates that one need not be some bigger than life shredder to play good blues. The one guitar plays a limited number of notes and seems to stay in the same octave. To me, that's like telling it's own sad story. Another day, same problems, when will it end? The other guitar speaks of hopes and dreams, lessons learned and tomorrows. Really cool interplay and musical dialogue! I loved it.. Great collab...a meeting in time and space.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bro

Great job :) I say you should have her do some bending by now.

She is really making some great progress!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Greeny

There's some excellent feeling in the notes, and the 'call and answer' style of the two guitars really works. Wow! Better and better.

launched

Wow - good work on your tracks!! I agree that your guitars were in heavy conversation. And the pouring rain was a great addition that really captured the moment!

Great blues playing!!

See you around,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

lg

This is simply incredible!
I love the rain on the roof... Wow! The guitars are awesome.
What a nice bluesy feel.
Wiley, you should put some vocals across it!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Satchwood

Great raining backdrop to some very cool tag-team sounding bluez licks!!

I agree - add some wiley vox!!

this grooves~@~nicely......

blues tears taste like raindrops without the pain......
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Facemask93

Nice playing wiley , wish i had a shed next to a lake , sounds like a nice place to play the blues , excellent

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Wiley

OH 48 I didn't mind you posting this.  I just didn't cause I guess I don't think it's good enough yet.  I kind of like playing back to myself.  It seems like the second time I get more feeling into it. LOL  You also didn't take out my bum note. LOL  And all you guys can come sit and play and party in the shed any time you want.  It is only 10 x 12 and last Friday night after I did this song.  We crammed a new total of 17 people in it. LOL  Got a little noisy.  When it's raining everyone comes up.  We have a toilet seat fixed in the corner to throw empty cans into.  I f you hit the wind chime and the basket you really get applause. LOL  Anyway thank you all so much for the comments. And Launched your right it does kind of sound like the two guitars are having a heavy conversation. Thanks again