Peanut Butter Freak (J & Manning)

Started by Zoltan, April 16, 2022, 06:26:29 AM

Zoltan

Peanut Butter Freak (J & Manning)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a saturday salvage from the archives. This one is a one day wonder from 2007. The vocals and some of the dirtier parts found in the lyrics are by my then songwriting partner Manning. I could blame him for everything, but i must confess. I even got the title from an old 70's adult film, so i'm not above it. I hope i didn't fail anybody with this revelation. And if that's any consolation i didn't WATCH the movie (there's too much bush to see anything, and the image quality was too low).

The guitar solo(s) use delay not because i was having an Edge moment, but because they're improvised and i tried to hide the wrong notes with excessive delay... Works for some parts. The delay was added at a mixing stage. I don't have the tracks anymore so i just played around with the stereo "master". There's digital clipping in some parts of the song (especially in the choruses), but there's nothing i can do about it anymore...

Here's the lyrics. The talkies are in italics.

Peanut Butter Freak

Come on darling let me spread some peanut butter all over your lovely body. Lick it off...

V1
Peanut butter is my thing
Makes my dinky go ding-a-ling
I like to spread it everyday
But my girlfriend makes me pay
When i open my little jar
Me heart goes be-di-bom-di-jar 

CH:
When i see her spreadings
I get my jar and lick it

EPIC guitar solo

V2:
I need to lick her body if she'll let me

Peanut butter makes you strong
High and mighty like King Kong
If you nosh it everyday
A brontosaurus you will slay
Take me to my happy jar
I got a scrubber in the bar

I'm not a nutter mate... I got principles

CH:
When i see her spreadings
I get my jar and lick it

Lick it off etc.

Epic outro solo that goes nowhere fast...

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Rene Asologuitar

Hi Zoltan,
I enjoyed the song, and probably would be better for me not to haver the history background of the song title, hahahaha.
Nicely done!
Rene

StephenM

man alive... sorta making me blush a little here... lol..

wait a minute...this song rocks... cracks me up... if you hadn't given any details and I was just listening I would not think much about it... but after reading it all...it's crazy stuff..

really cool lead guitars too...
I do like me some peanut butter.

sort of a Zappa kind of song...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Hey this is brilliant  ;D what a great song and sense of humour. The music is top notch, sounds great I really like the singers vocals on this, sounds like you had fun recording this one.
( I hate peanut butter by the way lol)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Cool punkish track and the accent reminds me of Johnny Rotten LOL only thing is, this sounds a lot better than the Sex Pistols. I'm with Darren - hate bloody peanut butter, nearly as much as I hate Vegemite.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

Quote from: Ray Brookes on April 18, 2022, 02:20:50 PMCool punkish track and the accent reminds me of Johnny Rotten LOL only thing is, this sounds a lot better than the Sex Pistols. I'm with Darren - hate bloody peanut butter, nearly as much as I hate Vegemite.

if it weren't for that 80's song i never would have heard of vegemite!!  I think it was Men at Work... " I said do you speak a my language?  she just smiled and gave me a vegemite sanwidge"

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Blooby

Quote from: Zoltan on April 16, 2022, 06:26:29 AMif that's any consolation i didn't WATCH the movie (there's too much bush to see anything, and the image quality was too low

Quote from: Zoltan on April 16, 2022, 06:26:29 AMThe guitar solo(s) use delay not because i was having an Edge moment, but because they're improvised and i tried to hide the wrong notes with excessive delay... Works for some parts.

I enjoyed the song plenty, but I enjoyed these two snippets equally. These just cracked me up.

Blooby

Greeny

This sounds like Ronnie Biggs when did some vocals on The Sex Pistol's 'Great Rock and Roll Swindle', lol. It would have sat nicely on that album. Filthy, funny and cool!

StephenM

I just played this for Markus, our 17 year old... he looked at me and just start laughing his head off when it got to the dingy ding thing.... super fun song here!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

tonyc

great song ,loved it those vocals are brill , made me laugh ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16