jukebox question

Started by vince23, April 08, 2022, 11:47:07 AM

vince23

I`ve looked around and wondering if there is a way to load songs on your personal player?
or if you have to get them on the boards first.

Hook

Hi Vince, so songs are automatically added to your jukebox when you post with a mp3 attached. It won't add if you've just added a link or video, you have to attach a mp3.
Remember, songcrafters isn't a place for you to upload you back catalog. The site is really designed for what you are recording now. If you have a website or a link to back catalog you can put that in your signature.
There are a few rules posted somewhere like only 2 songs a day.
Hope this helps, I look forward to hearing your songs.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

What Hook said is correct (mostly). Songcrafters is a forum for people who are actively creating music now. It's not a place for archiving anyone's past recordings. There are plenty of other sites where you can do that (alonetone, Soundcloud, etc). However, we don't mind if new members post one or two past recordings when they first join as a way to introduce themselves. But after that, please post only new recordings.

I need to clarify one of Hook's comments.
Quote from: Hook on April 08, 2022, 12:24:43 PMHi Vince, so songs are automatically added to your jukebox when you post with a mp3 attached. It won't add if you've just added a link or video, you have to attach a mp3.
You can also link to external mp3 files using our [singlemp3][/singlemp3] tags. But it only works if the URL is a direct link to the actual mp3 file rather than to a web page for the song. Unfortunately, many sites make it difficult or impossible to get a direct link to your uploaded mp3 files. One exception is alonetone which makes it quite easy. See Linking to offsite MP3 files in the Help board.

In another post, you said:
Quote from: vince23 on April 01, 2022, 01:39:49 PMI don`t like I can`t control whats on the single player.
Do you mean the song title that's displayed in the player? If so, you can definitely control that with your attached mp3 files. You just need to edit the Track Title and Artist Name in the ID3 tags of your mp3 file before you upload it. The Track Title from the ID3 tags will be displayed at the top of our mp3 player and the Artist Name on the line below it. See: https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?msg=355385. You can also add a Song Info Box to your post to display the song title and credits.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

hardlock

I love the jukebox function but found as I listen back through my posts that it would be great to be able to somehow select which songs are included. Maybe some way to edit the list or a checkbox in the posts themselves?

Another suggestion is to be able to create personal lists for our own "greatest hits" or other songlists like all the collaborations separate, etc. I see other jukebox lists are being created for the site so maybe it's already available? Thanks much and keep up the good work!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Jean Pierre

QuoteAnother suggestion is to be able to create personal lists for our own "greatest hits" or other songlists like all the collaborations separate,

I agree ...I created a playlist on You tube with all the songs made in collaboration since the 1st confinement

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgROyTlbO0hrlz6AqdY5ZAHAiUmBmKn68

It would be nice to be able to do it in songcrafter
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo