Neil Young - UK members only

Started by Tangled Wires, June 14, 2009, 04:36:56 PM

Tangled Wires

Hi all,

Just thought I would give a "heads up", that on Thursday 18th June at 9m on the Sky Arts 1 channel, there is Neil Young & Crazy Horse performance. I know there are a lot of NY fans on here, from the recent NeilFest!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: andrewh on June 14, 2009, 04:36:56 PMHi all,

Just thought I would give a "heads up", that on Thursday 18th June at 9m on the Sky Arts 1 channel, there is Neil Young & Crazy Horse performance. I know there are a lot of NY fans on here, from the recent NeilFest!!

That Sky Arts 1 is some channel - it's the first thing I check every time I put the TV on now, as it seems to have gem after gem. It's fantastic.

Tangled Wires

You are right Greeny, it is one of the first channels I go to as well. The Songwriters series and the Classic Album series are always very good, as well as some vintage live performances on most days to. The channel is a music lovers dream!!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: andrewh on June 15, 2009, 03:50:47 AMYou are right Greeny, it is one of the first channels I go to as well. The Songwriters series and the Classic Album series are always very good, as well as some vintage live performances on most days to. The channel is a music lovers dream!!!

I loved the Albert Hammond songbook show. He showed himself as a true (and slightly unsung) songwriting hero. As opposed to the one on Martin Kemp from Spandau Ballet!!!! He kept harping on about 'True', as he didn't have any other worthwhile material to talk about!!!!

madrab

Jealous as I am, I must mention that I saw him at the Where the action is -festival friday night. Almost two hours. Very good concert.
(And pixies and seasick steve...)

Flash Harry

Isle of Wight festival yesterday was broadcast on the Intrawebthingy. Was good. Even Simple Minds were OK. Very dated, but still OK. NY was headlining.

Missed that bit though  :(
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

3guitarsEddy

Well cant get sky on freeview so thats a washout and missed NY on the IOW festival on the telly, however I thought the coverage was total crap although there were some good snippets.

Regards.

Eddy.

Greeny

I must be getting old - I was watching the IOW festival, and all the bands were total sh*t. They'd have been better off worrying about how to play live and the quality of their music instead of how good they look on stage. Something seems to have happened where image is now way more important than the songs or craft of music. But like I said, maybe I'm just a cynical old man, lol.

And the coverage itself was AWFUL. The presenters were just vacuous, wannabe trendy f*ckwits.