Don't Worry For Me

Started by Bob Iles, June 14, 2009, 10:00:18 AM

Bob Iles

Don't Worry For Me (128kbps)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's my second recording.  The lyrics are personal, but can be interpreted different ways.  The song is called Don't Worry For Me.  Guitar is a Peavey Wolfgang.  Bass guitar is a Peavey Foundation.  Drum track programmed by me.  Rhythm guitar #1 (main rhythm) panned right. Rhythm guitar #2 panned left.  Lead guitar #1 (main lead) panned dead center.  Lead guitar #2 panned left.  Bass, rhythm track, and vox panned dead center.  Please forgive the vocals.  I'm not a singer, and did the best I could.  I fixed the track as much as possible with the BR-600 Pitch Corrector.  I obviously need some more experience with that function.

Hope you like it.
You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing. - Edward Van Halen

Bro

Nice riffs there! Nice steady bass, nice!

You also did a great job on the vocals, i'd maybe mix the vocals a bit louder.

But hey, we are all learning right? :) Great job!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

SharksDontSleep

Bob;
You've got nothing to fear here. This is a good song.
Especially good guitars, although I suspect that's your forte.

I have the same worries/dilemmas about my vocals too.

Stick around this forum long enough & you'll soon learn that most people here are the same, with the same insecurities.

Together we are strong, etc, etc.  ;)

Keep up the good work  :)

Bob Iles

Thanks.  I used to be a much better singer, but over the years haven't done it so much, having a proper lead singer in the band and all.  Add too many years of smoking and a collapsed lung due in part to smoking two years ago to that, and, well my singing leaves a little to be desired.
You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing. - Edward Van Halen

guitarron

this song f@#king rocks-great job

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

This is really tight and well produced some great guitar work.........Can you tell me how you get that real thick almost doubled tone on your lead is it 2 takes of the same licks? (in simple terms cos I'm simple :D)
cheers lets hear more! 8)

SdC

Wow super song! Don't be shy with your singing; crank it up in the mix! Few people remember a guitar solo/riff, but everyone connects with voice and lyrics!
If you're concerned with the power of your voice, you could experiment with doubling it; it worked for John Lennon, Kurt Cobain etc. etc.
I'm the same; not a singer but doing it anyway. In the end it's the song and your personality that count, not perfect pitch; just look at all those  contributions to NEILFEST!

recorder
Boss BR-600

launched

Hey, excellent post - a real rocker for sure!! The production was very polished sounding - that takes a lot of time and effort, so good job here!! I really liked the solo - lots of energy in it.

I thought the vox were very good, and SdC is right - It's the personality and character of a song that counts. Your voice was needed because of that.

I liked the song a lot - thanks for sharing.

See you around,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bob Iles

Thanks, guys!  I'm truly humbled that you dig my stuff.  Thanks to all for all the compliments and words of advice/encouragement.

48 - In simple terms, because that's all I understand as well, the lead guitar parts in the chorus are in fact, doubled, an octave apart.  The notes are G, F#, D, and C.  The third part is a little different from the main riff and it's octave.  The notes there are E, G, A, B and C.  That's the theory in a nutshell; the rest is feel.

I've got plenty more to contribute.  I have nothing but time for the next while as I'm unemployed (lost my job Friday, May 29) after 13 years of steady working for the same company.  I'll be getting some IT training so I can get back on my feet in a more stable field.  I think computers and such are here for the long haul, so I may as well learn how to build, repair, operate, or do whatever to them.

SdC

Good luck with that career move buddy! I've done it in 2000 (coming from the catering industry) and it saved my life in several ways. It did take a LOT of time/energy though and (making) music had taken a backseat; just getting back into it now....
I just started getting Microsft certifications and these have proved to be very lucrative.

recorder
Boss BR-600