Hold Me (with Mike S)

Started by StephenM, March 27, 2022, 12:10:22 PM

StephenM

LANDR-Hold_Me-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Psychedelic2022 (banner image missing)

I wrote this song a year and a half ago and recorded it.... while I really loved the song a lot I felt it needed more than it had.  A couple months ago I asked Mike if he would re do the music completely from scratch.  I had intended to do something else with the vocals that didn't work out...
Mike put a ton of work into this...he did a superb job with the drums, bass, and guitar,,,, and just the overall vibe.

I sat on it for a long time kind of afraid to face the vocals really.... but then I swallowed all that was holding me back and tried my best with the help of a little electronic make up ....
then i added a lead guitar in the back drop.
thank you Mike for rescuing this song.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: StephenM on March 27, 2022, 12:10:22 PMI wrote this song a year and a half ago and recorded it.... while I really loved the song a lot I felt it needed more than it had.  A couple months ago I asked Mike if he would re do the music completely from scratch.  I had intended to do something else with the vocals that didn't work out...
Mike put a ton of work into this...he did a superb job with the drums, bass, and guitar,,,, and just the overall vibe.

I sat on it for a long time kind of afraid to face the vocals really.... but then I swallowed all that was holding me back and tried my best with the help of a little electronic make up ....
then i added a lead guitar in the back drop.
thank you Mike for rescuing this song.

I like the drums in the beginning, a lot.
And The reverb on the vocals are a bit much, but works very well in the whole mix.
And I love the guitar solos in the far background.
Well done!!!
Rene

Greeny

This SHOULD be in the psych-fest - it's tripping off its tits. Plus, as a new recording, it qualifies. I love your vocal on this - it's magnificent. What a collaboration: I'm blown away by how good this is. The panned guitars and bass are immense, and I like that psych-sounding finger cymbal thing going on - really adds to the retro vibe. AMAZING STUFF!!!!!

StephenM

Quote from: Greeny on March 28, 2022, 03:50:57 AMThis SHOULD be in the psych-fest - it's tripping off its tits. Plus, as a new recording, it qualifies. I love your vocal on this - it's magnificent. What a collaboration: I'm blown away by how good this is. The panned guitars and bass are immense, and I like that psych-sounding finger cymbal thing going on - really adds to the retro vibe. AMAZING STUFF!!!!!
thanks Tim, I will post it and see if it's ok with the admin

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah, great track and excellent collab, guys. Everything trippy and beautifully weird. Love that pulsing drum (bodhrán?) and those mad guitars just make this very special.
Ray Brookes

kenny mac

I like your vocal on this stephen.
The music is outstanding.
A great collab,well done to all.

Bluesberry

Wow...what a trip and a half.....great vocal Steve...and the music is windswept and howling against the rocks and cliffs of my mind spaced delirium........it soars for sure, it howls, it cries in the rain soaked night of the soul.....beautiful lads...beautiful

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

Don't know why you fearing the vocals thank god you did it I think this one of your best vocals to date and Mike's music is outstanding
Bravo gentlemen
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

godinqc

Great song ,  really like the psychedelic vibe  and your vocals are amazing .
Great work you two.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

First off loving the vox the verb suits the tune.
Great collab, loving the guitars left and right, cool stuff.
recorder
Boss BR-80