The chugfest!

Started by ossuarism, March 26, 2008, 08:03:48 PM

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Just a simple Annihilator-ish riff I recorded:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xy1x9yywtjz

bmaco

Great riff you got going. You just need to get someone to scream you some vocals. Bryant

Quote from: bmaco on March 26, 2008, 10:15:15 PMGreat riff you got going. You just need to get someone to scream you some vocals. Bryant

Thanks for the kind words Bryant! Yes, it'll be badass to have some angry vocals.. too bad I can't do them myself, haha..

guitarron

A terrific start-maybe you should expound on it some
Are you using a Micro BR guitar patch?-which one if you don't mind my asking
Was that a MBR drum pattern?
We had someone in this forum asking about good metal patches a while back-hope he hears your post
FWIW-When you upload mp3's, this forum has the capabilty to store them and provides a convenient player as well
Keep Chuggin'
Ron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

Heavy as hell, nice riff.

Quote from: guitarron on March 27, 2008, 11:57:47 AMA terrific start-maybe you should expound on it some
Are you using a Micro BR guitar patch?-which one if you don't mind my asking
Was that a MBR drum pattern?
We had someone in this forum asking about good metal patches a while back-hope he hears your post
FWIW-When you upload mp3's, this forum has the capabilty to store them and provides a convenient player as well
Keep Chuggin'
Ron

Thanks for checking the track out and for the comments.
I used the Metalcore patch for distortion, no other attachments. I just plugged in straight into the micro br. That was indeed one of the pre-set drum patterns. I recorded the guitar parts twice and panned them left and right about 15-ish, i think. I then mastered it with the hard comp setting. That's pretty much it.

I've done some songwriting on the MBR, mainly as a rough sketch and to present my ideas to the other guys in my band. Also, it's a good tool to work out my own guitar parts on whatever song that we have written and rehearsed, so I'll have a pretty good picture when the times comes for a full on recording session. It's a very useful tool definitely...

I'll keep in mind about the in-built player in the forum if I should upload more mp3s in the future. I'll definitely use it, thanks a lot.. ;)

Quote from: SteveG on March 27, 2008, 05:38:07 PMHeavy as hell, nice riff.

Thanks for the compliment... appreciate it!

Geir

Great riff ossuarism, played extremely well, would love to hear some complete song of yours !!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Reverend 48

Great Stuff lets hear more 8)

launched

Boxing on the Wii with this in the background would be perfect!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover