Smoke 'em If You Got 'Em

Started by Zoltan, March 18, 2022, 02:23:19 PM

Zoltan

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Aargh! This is doing my head in :D Been slaving around this idea for a few hours for the Psychedelic Fest, but the verse vocals are giving me the blues. I wouldn't want to rap them and the only ideas i seem to get are borderline rap stuff.

I'm posting the demo on the second post so it doesn't show on the player...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Zoltan

Smoke 'em If You Got 'em
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's the song demo.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

seems like psychedelic electronica blues rock to me..... those drums are killer. 
defo has times it veers toward the doors and hendrix... so that is way enough for the fest for me.... I dig it.. killer ....stuff...
you smoked this one ...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I like the overall sound. Some great performances. Love the guitars and drums. Nice psychedelic vibe in places. I think you could maybe use the verse parts as the chorus and the chorus as the verses? I'm sure you'll work it out.
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Greeny

I think this is cool as it is. The main verse riff part has enough character and interest to stand alone. I didn't find myself missing lyrics on those parts as they already have a decent hook.

Not sure what you're worried about - I'd post it to the fest as it is. It's a very entertaining song and performance :-)

Redler

Cool riffs and the drum track works extremely well!! A really toe tapper!

Excellent job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

Killer drum track and cool overall vibe, well suited to the fest. Defo a Doors feel. I agree with Tim - this is cool as it is and has plenty of character.
Ray Brookes