Noir .. (The song)

Started by godinqc, March 07, 2022, 06:10:52 PM

godinqc

Project Noir - 92 - Audacity
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I was playing around with reversing sound clips and came up with this song.
The lyrics are related to dreams/nightmares.
Again the voice is from EMvoice until I learn to sing properly :)
Let me know what you think ..
Have a great day

Lyrics:
Heavy from my sleep
I dream and fall again
Heavy from my dream
I wake to feel again
Waiting for your voice
To conform me and to save me
Waiting for your voice
To rescue me and to guide me
My body is aching
I need your love again
To get me thru this night
Of nightmarish events
Waiting for your love
To conform me and to save me
Waiting for your love
To rescue me and to guide me

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

AndyR

Wow.
Cool track.

But.... wow

I'd never heard of EMvoice (I'll need to check earlier posts of yours I must have missed). Just googled... just... wow ;D
That's amazing. If my stuff was midi-based, I'd experiment with using that now. I know folks seem to like my voice, but I don't!! LOLOLOL ... and seeing as I'm creating what I'm calling "songwriting demos" at the moment, my voice is not the important bit on them... hmmm (thinking!)

Anyways, slight distraction there... Yep, love the song. That guitar at the end (it was a guitar?! LOL) was gorgeous.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Greeny

I really like the EMvoice effect. It feels like a perfect, natural fit with your style of music and your voice. This is a bloody great song. Both catchy and atmospheric. Because I'm a nerd I'm loving your synth tone choices - they're lovely. Even the reverb and echo on the drums is cool. Fantastic!

StephenM

I always love your songs...they are so ethereal!  They maintain the good rock edge I like though even so.  As far as the voice it's fine by me.  I kind of identify it as your sound now.  It's kind of like a avatar of your voice. 
I think it would be cool though if sometime you added your voice in with it...just to see what it's like....

I have started using autotune a good bit in various amounts.  I like the variances in the voices.  it makes things different...kind of like the little embellishments you get at a salad bar. 

I am with Tim on this...love the synths...

See, even Andy doesn't like his voice much... I think that is true for a lot of people.  I wonder if Geddy Lee likes his?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Cool song I like it the solo at the end reminds of a guy named Tony who passed but his tone sounded similar
Well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

As Tim says - a cool song and also very well produced. Those synths work excellently and the EM voice is perfect for this genre.
Ray Brookes

godinqc

Thanks for all the feedback ..
AndyR, if I would have your vocals I would never had to use EMvoice  ;D , you have great vocals my friend ..

Have a good day
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Brilliant job with this. Although, this is synth track mostly, so your guitar puts a tasty flavor to this.

Top class production, too!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Very cool, don't understand the voice thing, I assume it's some virtual program. It's cool.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely