The Tobias Factor

Started by StephenM, March 05, 2022, 07:31:35 PM

StephenM

this is a story that goes with the song I am working on for the Psychedelic fest.  I studied up some on this topic and mingled facts with fiction and wrote chapter one to the story.  I could end here or maybe I will look further into the Tobias Factor. 

I was trippin as I left Big Sur and the Esalen Institute in 1968.  They trained me to be an Underground Psychedelic Guide (Under tripper or UT).  I experimented under the studies of Tim Leary and Ram Dass.  Ralph Metzner was my direct mentor, teaching me the efficacy of mushroom tea brewing and other uses of many psychotropics. 
  Now there are hundreds of us roaming the US underground and the earth in totality.  Many of us work for the FBI, CIA, NSA etc.  We are university professors, diplomats, politicians even.  The best though chose to remain unknown and using aliases.  We know how to make people happy, sad, insane, you name it we got the chemistry to make it happen.  Not to mention that the occasional miscalculation we make that ends in a bad trip or death we know how to make it appear as some other cause.  We are experts in news cycle manipulation. 
  Here I was still alive and thriving in 1995 and heading to be a lecturer at Purdue's Heffter Research Institute.  Undertaking the assignment as Doctor Sy Co Deliac, from India.  Some of what I had learned through experimentation through the years was the ability to mimic other people even from other cultures, and do it very convincingly.  The institute knew of my extensive catalog of psychotropic concoctions and highly desired to master the creation and use of these.  The head of the Institute was Dr. David E. Nichols a chemist and pharmacology professor.  He had large aspirations for the creation of mass production of mood and performance enhancers.  He hoped that my experience and knowledge would provide a rapid increase in these brain altering substances throughout the world.  To provide a means to achieve world peace and unity was his largest ambition, he hoped this would be the Utopian elixir or at least lead the Institute rapidly to it's production.  The US government and various agencies had provided the university with a heft grant to move toward just such an outcome. 
The military intelligence agencies had been tailing me for months to find out how I was able to help some of their most advanced leaders to get promoted so quickly.  They wanted me to work for the DOD and I was working up an alias for them to meet. 
  News of my research, under the name of Dr. Tres Ben Souf, into the psilocybins, serotonin and dopamine modification, endorphin production, and pseudo LSD (legal and harmless) had reached across the globe.  I had now amassed great sums of money under various names I worked under.  In Switzerland they marketed the chemically produced LSD I just mentioned with chocolate and raspberry.  It was called Raspberry Chocolate Rush.  The "candy" provided a wonderful state of euphoria, heightened awareness, increased focus, energy and an overall feeling of wellness.  Marketed under an alias of mine the Tobias Factor, by the Swiss company Toblerone.  Toblerone had out bid Lindt and Nestle, SA for the rights.  Their stock shot up 40% in the first week of release in Europe.  I pocketed a cool $100 mil US for several months of consulting with the company on the recipe and rights to it. 
  I had to be cautious though.  Various government agencies always want their piece of any large pie and the Tobias Factor was coming under heavy scrutiny.  I decided to take the better part of the 100 mil and move it through various cleaning services and aliases, bank accounts around the globe I had worked on for years now.  My scheme was hard to follow and largely was unnoticed overall.  If one entity got too much heat it was shutdown and moved into various tentacle operations.  Many of my employees thought they worked for Warren Buffet or Elon Musk for example.  They had no idea who owned or ran their company.  It was a great system.  Money was not what drove me though. 
  The advances I was making in mind alteration through modern chemistry and other exercises such as Holotropric Breathwork did. 
  Yearly I would break away from my latest recipes so that I could best experience how to use them in society.  This break also gave me more time to delve into the effects of music on the mind while in the altered states.  It was in this latest episode of trance that I came up with the plan for world union.  The song lyrics are:
Altered States:  I pledge allegiance to the flag of the altered states of america.  And to the republican for whom will pay, one world under mind chemical control.  With liberty from conscience for all. 
Find your happy pill. 
Find your lovely thrill.
Find your rabbit hole. 
Get someone else to pay the bill.
She came in through  the mirror in the bathroom.  She had a pseudo diamond in Lucy's sky.  I saw Tim Leary's ghost.  He was riding my dead horse Fred.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner